Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys i brought a Rod Millen rear spoiler off of some one on the site a while back and am planning on getting it painted and installing soon. Does anyone know where i can get some of the strong tape the use for these . thanks in advance

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
hardware store.....sears hardware and home depot has it.....

3M HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE SIDED MOUNTING TAPE

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
tsopranoMB said:
hardware store.....sears hardware and home depot has it.....

3M HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE SIDED MOUNTING TAPE

dont use this........thats double sided foam tape. What you want is the weather resistant doulbe sided tape. Its available at 3m retailers but ive always bought it at target. Its gray tape with a red sticker covering it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm in the body business, and make sure you buy Automotive Grade 3M from a PBE (Paint, Body, & Equipment) store ie. DuPont, PPG, SW automotive paint store.

Just because it's 3M heavy duty, don't buy it from Home Depot, Lowes, etc.... It won't last!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
cabot said:
I'm in the body business, and make sure you buy Automotive Grade 3M from a PBE (Paint, Body, & Equipment) store ie. DuPont, PPG, SW automotive paint store.

Just because it's 3M heavy duty, don't buy it from Home Depot, Lowes, etc.... It won't last!
actually ive had the 3M gray weather resistant tape for well over a year and its held on strong through machine car washes, snow storms, wind storms, and heavy rain.........................and i bought it at Target

1 - 8 of 8 Posts