Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we ever have meets in North Carolina? It seems that all that is on here is VA. Makes me want to move..

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
i used to live in NC... i took care of the problem and moved to florida where there's an IS on every corner.

but yeah, they do have meets in NC... i know for a fact theres a few that are held not too far from you, around the raleigh area. dont know about g'boro though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm in Wilmington. There are meets in Raleigh but never on days that I can make them. Where in NC are you going to move?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am living near greensboro have for the past 8 years it is a nice area. Was just wondering about gatherings around here because I rarely see anything on the boards about it. On a different subject I just got through installing my new joe z intake and AFE filter. I still havent posted pics of my car so I should get on that too. Take care !

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
ChadsIS said:
I am living near greensboro have for the past 8 years it is a nice area. Was just wondering about gatherings around here because I rarely see anything on the boards about it. On a different subject I just got through installing my new joe z intake and AFE filter. I still havent posted pics of my car so I should get on that too. Take care !
What do you think of the intake? I got a JoeZ with TRD filter and I love it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The intake is great. But I have read on some thread where a guy was getting the SHWUMP sound from the air sucking into the intake when smacking the gas. Personally I have only noticed that the engine has a nicer tone at higher RPM's. Any comments?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry man, I've tried my best in the past to setup meets but it's always the same four people who shows up all of the time. But now that I have moved, I'm in the charlotte area now and planning to setup something soon maybe in the next month or so. But all I can say is that I might start a thread and give a few people a call and see if we all want to meet up in Raleigh sometime next month.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, I'm in the Charlotte area with a 01 GGP IS300, if there is going to be a meet in Charlotte, I'd love to come. It's been quite some time since I've tried to have a meet way back in the day. Hopefully, we can finally make it a set date. Keep me posted.

Ken

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
kennethlin said:
Hey, I'm in the Charlotte area with a 01 GGP IS300, if there is going to be a meet in Charlotte, I'd love to come. It's been quite some time since I've tried to have a meet way back in the day. Hopefully, we can finally make it a set date. Keep me posted.

Ken
Where in Charlotte are you located at? I'm currently living close by Verizon Amphitheater. If you want to set up a meet, I guess that I can possibly contact a few people to see if they wanna meet up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Alexus_300:

I'm located near uptown, in Southend area. I'm about 20 min from you. It's good to hear from you. Hopefully, we can get this going, as I see quite a few ISs around my area, but seems like no one is from .net. It'll be good to see and talk to some that care about the car and want to meet others that have similar interests. Hope to talk to you soon.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey folks,

Good to hear from other NC IS ppl.
I'm always up for burning gas and spirited driving.
I'm also itching to try out the new 18" Enkei and tire setup.

Take care and hope to meet up with everyone soon!

GeIS

·
Registered
11 Posts
Charlotte here as well. Is there a place in Charlotte that you guys trust for mods? Looking to do a few things for my '01, but don't know where to look. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
chacha2000 said:
Charlotte here as well. Is there a place in Charlotte that you guys trust for mods? Looking to do a few things for my '01, but don't know where to look. Thanks.
What do you have in mind as far as mods. If you want to install some of the basic mods, I can help you out. This would be a perfect time for all of us to meet up.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
kennethlin said:
Alexus_300:

I'm located near uptown, in Southend area. I'm about 20 min from you. It's good to hear from you. Hopefully, we can get this going, as I see quite a few ISs around my area, but seems like no one is from .net. It'll be good to see and talk to some that care about the car and want to meet others that have similar interests. Hope to talk to you soon.
It's great to see another enthusiast interested in a meet. I'm fairly new to the charlotte area so I don't quite know all of charlotte yet. But like you've stated, I see at least 7-10 IS's on campus everyday and around where I live. I've told them about .net and possibly holding a meet. I'll PM all the people who are interested in a meet with my personal info so that we could get a meet going.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Guys I'd be up as well if you don't mind me dragging along a few other non-IS Lexus.

I've thought about another Quaker Steak and Lube meet before it gets too cold, or maybe just meet up at Mellow Mushroom one Sunday for lunch. Some of the musclecar guys do that from time to time, laid back just hang out with some pizza, good beer and cars.

GeIS - my gf sold her black 96 NSX-T about six months ago, we could have done a dual meet :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Dave you know I'm down for whatever. Just post up something, I had a great time at the Quaker Steak thing last year maybe something like that with the other Lexus people. Just try and do something before it starts to snow up here lol.

Justin

1 - 20 of 32 Posts