Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted the srt intake for awhile but didnt like how it didnt work with some other mods. i've heard the new generation one's will work fine with other mods such as toyomoto pipes and exhaust pipes.

SWiFT RACING TECHNOLOGY ... what a sweet name too. lol

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
nrkht said:
i wanted the srt intake for awhile but didnt like how it didnt work with some other mods. i've heard the new generation one's will work fine with other mods such as toyomoto pipes and exhaust pipes.

SWiFT RACING TECHNOLOGY ... what a sweet name too. lol
you're off.

It's tuned for other mods specifically.
It'll never be universal sorry.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh :cry: i just heard rumors again i guess... oh well i guess im really going to save up for boost now. was gonna try to go all n/a but boost just seems so much better considering that most N/A parts are illegal in southern cali.... srt intake / xerd / blah blah ...

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
nrkht said:
ahhh :cry: i just heard rumors again i guess... oh well i guess im really going to save up for boost now. was gonna try to go all n/a but boost just seems so much better considering that most N/A parts are illegal in southern cali.... srt intake / xerd / blah blah ...
if you think NA parts are illegal...i wouldn't even touch boost. I'd do a lot more research if I were you.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I think he's 16 or something. He proved his intelligence awhile ago. putting this aside and moving onto better things.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol yeh anyway the cc removal is the only problem and srt aint carb legal yet in southern cali. when i saw the srt exhaust manifold and down pipe they seemed to have atleast 1 cc

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol thanks mr denial.... so your saying srt is carb legal? or is never gonna be carb legal? i remember reading long time ago some guy in southern cali got ticketed for his srt being non carb legal

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
nrkht said:
lol thanks mr denial.... so your saying srt is carb legal? or is never gonna be carb legal? i remember reading long time ago some guy in southern cali got ticketed for his srt being non carb legal
I'm just messin with ya... I have no reason to believe any intake is illegal for your car as long as you can still pass smog...why would it be? SRT has no reason to seek CARB cert for their intake, they have plenty of local business. PLus, it's a long and involving process to get that little sticker.

Exhaust mods like race pipes and y/b pipes are illegal cause they replace the cat and (usually) cause you to fail smog check.

ALL f/i kits...supercharger or turbo are illegal in CA, no way around that. Check out where you buy from and there is ALWAYS a disclaimer that says "this is to be used on vehicles not driven on public roads in CA." or whatever.

A turbo kit with a CC is not legal.

Intakes usually are.

IF you live in Cali, your is300 is really slow unless you got the dough to say "screw the cops and the warranty" AND have a hook up when smog time comes.

does that answer some of your questions Your Gangsterness?

ps- take the damn stickers off your car and get a custom sub enclosure for god's sake...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha thanks for the 411 :lol: anyhow since the XERD pipes are bolt on cant i just change it every twice a year for the smog checks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts