Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Just wondering when are you guys putting summers on. I wanted to but the weather is up and down. Last year this time i had my summers on already. AND...pot holes like crazy. I try to avoid 401 east around mc cowan to markham road. Good thing is that yesterday they started re-paving it.

Reactions: 5spdking

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Prolly mid April. Theres always a storm in the first-second week of April, and thats during exams, so i'll rather be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I usually throw the summers sometime in may just to be on the safe side. I may throw on the stockies with all seasons sometime mid-april to save on threadwear on the winters. Haven't decided as yet though. Keep in mind forecasters hae mentioned spring will not arrive for another month.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG, one more month? Damm winter is the longest season of the year! Not good for us techs...winter are slow months.

Reactions: RAGAMP_IS300

·
Registered
615 Posts
Two conditions have to pass for me;
1, after April 15th
2, the potholes/ruts on the 401 have to be repaired - no sense in blistering another tire....

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
April 19th! BoooYAKA
its gettin warm wooohooooooooooooo

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LETS HOPE IT WILL GET WARM!!! i hate my 16" winters!

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
me too Ricky! I think you live near me too... I hear what you are saying about the 401 east collectors, that area is SHIT! don't try to change lanes ;) They are finally patching some potholes on Markham rd too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I live around Kennedy/Steeles area. But i go down to STC area alot. i just talked to my friend, they are getting the road ready and paved. So 1 down...1000 to go? HAHAHHA

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Looks like I'd have to wait for 2nd half of April since mother nature is not cooperating. Which is probably good, as I have a feeling once I throw my summer rims on my car will be screaming for a front lip and rear spoiler. :(

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Last year at this time... I already had my summers on for a week already. For the most part it was a good gamble... I had one snowfall where I had to take the bus to work. But besides that ONE day... it was a great gamble. I couldn't take the softness of the winter tires anymore.

Right now however... the temperatures are still too low. I change my tires whenever the temperatures are consistently above 10 degrees celsius. Below that and the summer tires don't grip properly. So it's probably gonna be a few more weeks still!

I still need to buy two summer tires. :blush:

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Planning on bolting mine on next weekend hopefully. Weather has been pretty decent here, and I've only been driving the car once or twice a week lately anyway. Rather wear out my summer tires then the Blizzaks...

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I just checked the weather in Mississauga for the weekend, +5C and rain/wet snow :( Maybe I'll have to wait another weekend, might go get the tires mounted on the wheels though so that I'm ready when it's nice outside.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
probably near the end of April, even though I can't wait, but you never know what might happen with the weather in Toronto.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yea i was worried a bit about taking delivery of my car in late march, just because it does come with summers and 18 rims but so far its been really good! Don't take to many fast turns when its wet especially in this temperature but overall they've gripped really well. This entire week its suppose to be really nice, only rain so hopefully this dreaded snow is over..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well i cudnt take it anymore so i already slapped my on this weekend, just hoping for the weather to stay decent....cant take the winter anymore!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Well i cudnt take it anymore so i already slapped my on this weekend, just hoping for the weather to stay decent....cant take the winter anymore!
You're a brave man! I don't know what your tires are... but for high performance summer tires... near freezing temps + moisture does NOT make for a happy summer tire.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
You're a brave man! I don't know what your tires are... but for high performance summer tires... near freezing temps + moisture does NOT make for a happy summer tire.
I think the threshhold temperature is 8 degrees for happy summer tires.

After that you will be OK.

Digger08

1 - 20 of 66 Posts