Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this Q has been asked on here before but I'm new to the board! I went to see a 1998 M3 at a local BMW dealer today and a Lexus dealer was next door, so I walked over and checked out the IS (they had around 10 of them).

I WANT one! One of the best looking cars I've ever seen, particularly in silver. I knew it was a good looking car from the pictures but it is awsome in person. Far more attractive than the E36 BMW.

I still must have a manual though. Does anyone know when Lexus is going to offer it? I'm going to be ready to buy in May or June (when my lease on my '98 Civic expires). I may be willing to wait a little but I'm hoping the stick will come mid-year.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's supposed to be available in the 2002 model year, which should appear around June or July of 2001.

--k

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeah...me too.. when do you think that the stick version will be coming out?? Does anyone know the msrp??? will it be the same as the automatic version or will it be more or less??
DOES ANYONE KNO???

·
Registered
571 Posts
It better be less than an auto...then Lexus is just ripping us off then if they charge us the same or more for a car with standard tranmission. I'm sure the E-shift system cost them a bundle.

I haven't heard the official word from Lexus, but everybody, including all the car mags say around May or June, the 5 spd will be avilable.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts