Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know when the current allocations that dealers are getting will be changing? My dealer told me 5 months or more, but that seems very long.

I'm interested in a 250 AWD with Nav + Luxury (with or without PA) and they only have it with Nav + Premium + PA here. I have checked other areas on lexus.com and see Chicago and the mWest Coast have the one I'm looking for. If the wait is really going to be that long, has anyone bought a car from 1000+ miles away and had it shipped to them? If so, how much does shipping usually cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
How are you checking the inventory? I looked around lexus's website but couldnt find the info. I am probably blind.

I am looking for a MICA pearl IS350 base(NO OPTIONS AT ALL, other than 18s. I definately Dont want park assist) or maybe the AWD (But Hump makes me sad =(

Good luck on your car. Also are you sure you want park assist? I think the car would look much nicer without the sensors
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
tonyarous said:
Does anyone know when the current allocations that dealers are getting will be changing? My dealer told me 5 months or more, but that seems very long.

I'm interested in a 250 AWD with Nav + Luxury (with or without PA) and they only have it with Nav + Premium + PA here. I have checked other areas on lexus.com and see Chicago and the mWest Coast have the one I'm looking for. If the wait is really going to be that long, has anyone bought a car from 1000+ miles away and had it shipped to them? If so, how much does shipping usually cost?
I bought my IS300 700 miles away and drove it home.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tqlla3k said:
How are you checking the inventory? I looked around lexus's website but couldnt find the info. I am probably blind.

I am looking for a MICA pearl IS350 base(NO OPTIONS AT ALL, other than 18s. I definately Dont want park assist) or maybe the AWD (But Hump makes me sad =(

Good luck on your car. Also are you sure you want park assist? I think the car would look much nicer without the sensors
I don't really care whether it has PA or not. The one I drove this weekend had PA, but it didn't really impress me. The sales guy could only figure out how to get the rear sensors working. I thought it was for the whole car, including the front and sides.

But, as a $500 option that seems to be "standard" in different areas, I wouldn't mind having it, if it means getting the car to my specs sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Yeah, thats cool... I could live with PA as well... though I would definately perfer the car Without it. so how are you checking the inventory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tqlla3k said:
Yeah, thats cool... I could live with PA as well... though I would definately perfer the car Without it. so how are you checking the inventory?
Just trying different zip codes on the Build Your IS section of lexus.com.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
52,610 Posts
tonyarous said:
I don't really care whether it has PA or not. The one I drove this weekend had PA, but it didn't really impress me. The sales guy could only figure out how to get the rear sensors working. I thought it was for the whole car, including the front and sides.

But, as a $500 option that seems to be "standard" in different areas, I wouldn't mind having it, if it means getting the car to my specs sooner.
Try Cleveland, Ohio. Zip 44101
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Ah, thats why I cant build an IS without perforated seats... which I dont like as well =(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
280 Posts
Ah, so does North carolina and West VA. I can probably find my car. but those are 4 -5 hour drives.

How long did it take for the GS allocations to change?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top