Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 3k miles on my car i got it in august. I wanted to know when i should go in for the first service check up? I heard 1k for like a bolts check up, them 5k is the first oil change? anybody know?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
I have about 3k miles on my car i got it in august. I wanted to know when i should go in for the first service check up? I heard 1k for like a bolts check up, them 5k is the first oil change? anybody know?
I came in at 1k 3k and then 5k.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
for me it was: first 30 days, 1k, 5k, 10k

bolded means free service/checkup

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Intensa03Lex23 said:
The first service check up should be 1K miles or 1 month whichever occurs first. Since you are already at 3K I'd make an appointment ASAP. Then every 5K for oil changes after that. I've been told that if you like you could bring your own synthetic oil (Mobil 1) and they'll use that instead of their oil and you could then schedule your oil changes every 7.5K miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.