Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still like my car, but am not as enthusiastic about it as a year ago... Anyone else will look at other brands?

·
Registered
565 Posts
No, i think i will always be with Lexus since they are just so reliable...

·
Registered
641 Posts
There's no other Lexus that even remotely interests me. Only way I'll buy another one in the forseeable future is if the next-gen IS keeps the great fun/looks and adds some power. That said, I love the current IS.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I'm not a brand whore, so I won't buy based on "it's a Lexus". To many, the IS300 isn't your typical Lexus, & I consider this a good thing because Lexus vehicles aren't all that fun to drive (focused on luxury as opposed to performance, IS300 is opposite). Whatever car is the best car for my needs, I'll get.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It depends. :chill:

If Toyota sold the Altezza RS200 in the U.S., I probably wouldn't have set foot in a Lexus dealership. :yawn:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
lets say, I cant wait to see the next generations of IS's coming out...

G

·
only lexus and toyota vehicles for me in the future, unless the quality starts to go downhill. imo, no other car is built as well as toyota/lexus.

·
Registered
172 Posts
IMO, Lexus is the gold standard in the auto industry. The rest should "try" to provide the level of product and service you get with a Lexus(Toyota). That includes Nissan, MB,VW, and Honda.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I don't have any other interest in any of the other models in the lexus lineup. The is300 to me is the best sedan out there, but that's just an opinion. I got a 2003 es300 as a loaner. That thing has no life to it. Sure it was quiet and smooth and all, but those aren't the qualities I look for in a car. When I got my car back, I had the biggest smile on my face driving off in my is300. No other car in the same class has done what the is300 can do.

I hope Toyota/Lexus doesn't do what Nissan/Infiniti is doing by just putting out a car and slapping the same engine in it. I really hope they will keep the 2jz engine, but the straight sixes seem to be fading away in the japanese market. I also think I have the least gripes about my car compared to the rest of my army buddies. The service has been real good to me and they are always asking me when I'm moving up to the GSxxx.

I hope the next ISxxx has a better impact than it did with the is300. I want it to feel like a kick in the balls to the other manufactures. Toyota/Lexus has been very lackluster in their marketing. I never see any Lexus commercials on television. They made great commercials for the celica a couple years back and now the camry and that seems like the only two cars they were really pushing for sales.

·
Registered
618 Posts
All things considered I think the IS is one of the better cars out there when you compare performance, price, luxury, etc. Think of how many times someone stares at your car at a light when it is bone stock. I don't think you will get that from a 3 or 5 series Bimmer. Plus I like all of the mod posibilities. I'm not sure of the mods in other vehicles as this is my first experience modding a car. It's kind of hard to do mods on my three previous cars: Olds Achieva, Chevy Spectrum and Ford Fairmont. Man did I have some $hitty cars before! Now if my wife would stop bugging me about driving the Lex :(

·
11,054 Posts
1. I like my car...only 31k miles and I take care of it...so it looks GOOD and I enjoy driving it.
2. I'm not wealthy enough to keep changing vehicles all the time. It doesn't make economic sense.
3. I wanna see if Lexus gets the point and builds an IS430...2006? 2007? That will be just about when I MIGHT be looking again.

Yeah, I'd buy another Lexus...but it will have to be a sport sedan or coupe. I may be getting old, but I don't want an Old Lady car!

·
Registered
569 Posts
no, i am allready on my 2nd IS (04 msm 5 sp) and i would not condisder any other car except maybe if they keep the strait 6 and add some more power in the next couple of years. i love my is and wont give it up for anything

·
Registered
584 Posts
i dont think id get nothing else than a lexus or toyota out of japanese cars. my favorties!! haha and honda lovers.. imagine driving around in your 200 hp turbocharged CIVIC SI when you're in japan and pulling up next to a R34 skyline and a Supra TT. lolllllll honda are pretty much crap in japan i heard ... maybe not nsx-s i guess . . . doubt s2k can keep up with a supra or skylines

1 - 20 of 28 Posts