Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When your in your IS and people see you in the car? .. what do they say, do ..? When I was test driving it I noticed a few looks every know and then ..

·
Registered
818 Posts
OOH! Ive got a good one; I was at the carwash vacuuming my IS out a few weeks back. This prick drove up next to me in an old Infiniti J30. I could see him checking out my car out of the corner of my eye. When I was done, he says to me, "Nice Civic man" and smurks. I knew full well he knew it wasnt a Civic, so I got $hitty right back with him. As innocent as I could, I replied, "Thanks. Your Altima looks nice too" He didnt appreciate that too much

Other than that, I get thumbs-up and questions every now and then.

------------------
Justy
99 328i
01 IS300

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by ISsoon:
OOH! Ive got a good one; I was at the carwash vacuuming my IS out a few weeks back. This prick drove up next to me in an old Infiniti J30. I could see him checking out my car out of the corner of my eye. When I was done, he says to me, "Nice Civic man" and smurks. I knew full well he knew it wasnt a Civic, so I got $hitty right back with him. As innocent as I could, I replied, "Thanks. Your Altima looks nice too" He didnt appreciate that too much

Other than that, I get thumbs-up and questions every now and then.

LMAOOOOO .. Dang man you thought quick! good going lol, I would have done the same thing .. dude I bet was jealous .. Civic LOL

·
Registered
46 Posts
LOL...I'm gonna have to remember that.

Yeah, this guy that drives a Lexus RX300 lives in my area and one day when I was washing my car, he comes up and introduces himself. So we just started talking about my car and he was telling me he might consider trading his for an IS300. So far, I been getting nothing but positive feedbacks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had to get my windows tinted because when I wanted to smoke a bowl I couldn't, because so many people were checking out my IS, But it is a great feeling to be driving and a lotus, or austin martin, or other nice cars are staring at yours..

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
I bet that does wonders for that new car smell, huh?

------------------
MAD
2000 4Runner Highlander 4x4 Millenium Silver
Injen Intake and TRD Badges which don't really help performance at all but sure look purty!
1995 Honda Civic CX Sapphire Blue
1.5L with no mods whatsoever
16" Konig Tuner Wheels (the wife liked them and hey, it's her car!)
0-60 in (takes a real long time) 10 sec?

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
No one looks at my car.

NOT!

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
174 Posts
they should your car sounds sweet, My mom use to have and 99 A4 convertiable and I loved it if I didn't buy the IS I would have bought and Audi, those cars are sweet..

Where in Miami are U?

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
loaded
Miami,FL

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Thanks Solar..

I'm in Kendall now..I used to be on the beach but got pretty tired of it.

I saw in your profile you are a graphic designer, me too. Do you work for Punto-com?

Where are you located?
Peace!

Originally posted by Solar420:
they should your car sounds sweet, My mom use to have and 99 A4 convertiable and I loved it if I didn't buy the IS I would have bought and Audi, those cars are sweet..

Where in Miami are U?

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
707 Posts
Lexus should issue neck braces to hand out. Every chick I drive by, looks and looks and looks..... The IS is soooooooooo PIMP!!!!!!!! especially droped with white wheels on white,

body kit coming soon.......

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Originally posted by Solar420:
I had to get my windows tinted because when I wanted to smoke a bowl I couldn't, because so many people were checking out my IS, But it is a great feeling to be driving and a lotus, or austin martin, or other nice cars are staring at yours..

Austin Martin??? Is he related to Austin Powers? I wonder if he knows Manuel or Weagons.

BTW, I am j/k. Not intended to be mean.

------------------
2001 SBM/Black IS300 w/Navigation
2001 BMW Z3 3.0i Titanium Silver w/Black
1999 Ducati SS 750(worked)
1982 Captain America Big Wheel

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got alot of Merc's and Bimmer's in my neighborhood and I always get the stares when I roll by...*bling, bling*...I love it!

------------------
2001 Graphite Gray Pearl on Polished Graphite

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Que pasa esse. Manuel in da house.

Originally posted by LexArkana:

Austin Martin??? Is he related to Austin Powers? I wonder if he knows Manuel or Weagons.

BTW, I am j/k. Not intended to be mean.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Someone in NY city thought I was a cab and hailed and came up to my car to get in after they hailed me. I happen to stop for the red light and she went to get in till I looked funny at her, come to think of it I should have let her get in...she was hot! Most people are like "Dam, what is that ****, that's hot!"

------------------
98 Accord EX V6 coupe
AEM Intake, Comptech Headers, Random Tech high-flow cat, GReddy dual MX exhaust, BLTI Carbon Fiber Ignition cables, eibach springs, Axis wheels with Nittos, Wings West Spoiler.
15.1 @ 92 mph
2001 Lexus IS300 (Solar Yellow)
Coming soon: 12 second timeslips with the IS (my new all out drag car!)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts