Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a problem with my first gen is300 where after the engine gets all warmed up it shuts off after 10-15 minutes I came to this conclusion after the first time it happened where I figured it was the spark plugs,coils and wires so I changed them out and I’m having the same problem i also checked the MAF sensor and it had very little debris so I cleaned it made sure not to break the connectors. I also noticed someone had said that it was a loose cam sensor and when I checked mine it was fine so I’m stumped I’ve noticed you guys on here are very knowledgeable on this car and your help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
The engine shuts off or you loose all power to everything?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The engine is shutting off. After it shuts off I’ll turn it over and it will turn on and immediately shut off again. If I let the car cool down for 5-10 minutes it runs smooth until the engine heats back up and does the same thing again

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
242 Posts
Sounds like a failing crank sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello everyone thanks for you help yesterday I checked over and changed all the parts listed above And it turned out to be my bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor which seemed very odd so again thanks everyone and least I got some new stuff in the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts