Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im interested in buying an IS 300 2002 model but I was wondering if the car is going to be redesigned in the near future. THanks

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I'm guessing MY 2005 is when the IS300 will be redesigned. Typical Japanese model cycles are 4 years long, but luxury models tend to have slightly longer periods between generations (5-7 year cycles). However, the Altezza was already out in Japan in 1999, and so if you add 5 years, the last of the first generation Altezzas/IS300's would be 2004. Thus, the next generation IS300 would be a 2005 model.

This is purely speculation, of course.

·
2,909 Posts
Then there's the Integra you have to admit that one was a long run, since '94. I was going to keep my IS till the 3rd change (approx. 2009 or 2010) I know me too well I think I'll breakdown and have to get it right away and not wait for the 3rd change. That's another reason I bought my IS the first year it came out, I wanted the use of my car to last as long as possible as far as looks are concerned. I feel bad for people who don't research cars and go ahead and buy a car, then a year later the car looks better and has more goodies.

My friend bought a '99 Camry, I told him they might change something for 2000, he did not feel like waiting 2 more months to find out. So he bought the car, and what do you know when he saw the newer version with the new headlights and taillights he regreted his purchase. Now he wants the 2002, boy-o-boy. Maybe that's why one of my other friends wants me to help him go about purchasing a new car with him.

I already know later IS models will most likely have the electroluminescent dash lights, I can already see myself drooling. So, we'll have to wait and see, I do have a magazine for Altezzas which I got in Japan, it had the original concept drawings for the Altezzas dash, and concept type drawings of the Altezza, let me tell ya if the drawings indicate what's to become of the Altezza (IS) we are headed for a beautiful series of IS's for years to come. Whew!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Lexus tends to "evolve" their exterior styles rather than redesign them. And, when a line is especially successful (think LS, ES), the redesigns can take up to eight years!
I'd say the first-year numbers for IS would indicate it's a hit. So, I wouldn't look for an exterior "redesign" for at least five years. However, look for Lexus to keep tweaking it - by changing the interior trim levels, options, colors, wheels, HP(!), and anything else that doesn't require expensive "re-tooling." They've got to make some changes year-to-year, or all of us won't lust after the new ones!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Lets hope they change the tail lights soon. I am just over the clear tail light thing. Car still looks great though, don't get me wrong...that is just my sugestion if Lexus is reading this...hehe yeah right.

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by Lexus Luthor:
Lets hope they change the tail lights soon. I am just over the clear tail light thing. Car still looks great though, don't get me wrong...that is just my sugestion if Lexus is reading this...hehe yeah right.
Well as for the tailights I'm glad they are going to offer the blacked out tailights, I'm going to buy those ASAP.

Ya might think they are not reading this stuff but in reality I feel they do. Or at least the dealerships do. I remember just before the IS was out some dealers were on here telling people come on in and we'll give you a great deal, needless to say they got bashed by everyone. Insulted and told off by almost everyone. Funny how everyone hates dealers!

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by shahin:
do you recommend that this year is a good year to purchase the IS?
Thanks a lot
Personaly I think the 2002 is a much better buy of course, with all the extras '01 does not have so I think you'll do just fine with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Jiggafett would you be able to post up any of those Altezza concept pics, or put up a link somewhere? That would be cool. But don't worry if it's too much of a pain in the ass. What speculated changes would they make besides the dash? I'm really curious about the exterior design.

Any info would be great!

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
As a side note, HP changes tend to occur every 2-3 years with Lexus models.

·
2,909 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdegree:
Hey Jiggafett would you be able to post up any of those Altezza concept pics, or put up a link somewhere? That would be cool. But don't worry if it's too much of a pain in the ass. What speculated changes would they make besides the dash? I'm really curious about the exterior design.

Any info would be great!
Well I'll see what I can do, I try my best to remember to do things for others like this but sometimes I forget. I'll try my best to remember, I'd have to scan them then get them posted. So keep an eye out, I had always meant to do this I just never got around to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts