Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure how it attaches to the front bumper, does it depend on which maker/style you buy? I would like to buy one online, and have it painted, but I would prefer to install it myself.

Peace,
Thanks.

Alex [IS 300 Rookie]

·
Registered
219 Posts
irv_usc said:
some are taped on only, some are taped + clips, some are screwed on, some are taped + screwed, etc.
oh you forgot: some are taped + screwed+ clipped :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The one on my Civic was taped, screwed, and had those plastic fastneners undeneath.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was kinda thinking of the rmm , how is that attached?

Also I have seen plenty of "type s " front lips on ebay for really , really cheap. Any differneces?

Also about the screws, are they predrilled screws or am I gonna have to make them myself. (ie. drill the front bumper?)

Thanks!!!!!

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Some of the cheap lips and some of the "JDM" are too short to reach around to the fenderwells, where they are supposed to attatch.

Find a lip style that you like and buy the original name brand part. It will have instructions and the parts you need to install.

It's better NOT to get fiberglas for the front, as it can crack the first time you have a little mishap. Go with ABS or Urethane.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So buying that lip from phasnine or abssomthing... is a bad idea, I really like the look of the type r front lip. I believe I saw one for 80$.

Does it suck?

Thanks,

Peace.

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Do not buy the "Type S, R ,XYZ" lips, 90% of the time they will have poor fitment.

Also, don't buy it from Ebay. You'll get what you pay for!!

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Chigger said:
Do not buy the "Type S, R ,XYZ" lips, 90% of the time they will have poor fitment.

Also, don't buy it from Ebay. You'll get what you pay for!!
That is correct. Buying off brand stuff and Ebay noname stuff, you are just gambling. Odds are, you are not going to be happy with the product or it won't even fit at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts