Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
In the various posts of this forum, people have said that the Graphite wheels and LSD may not be available at first. I am wodnering when the 2nd run of IS300's will come, w/ everything in it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
But what I'm wondering, is why the heck would the first batch NOT come with LSD or Graphite. You mean to tell me that there won't be at least one car in the first batch that will come with any of these options??!!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
All these thoughts are based on rumors, so don't count on anything until you actually see that cars at your dealer.

I think once June 15th hits the dealers will start getting cars like once a week. The first month of cars will all be similar in packaging, but then in following months the options and colors will get shifted around based on what customers are buying fastest.

I heard that the first batch may be all cloth (which I find hard to believe) but maybe they want to prove that cars are available at base MSRP. Also, maybe they want the "test drive" models to be base so that the "thrashed cars" aren't the top line models? I dunno...

I heard that the graphite wheels may be in short supply, but I also heard that the east coast will be getting them right away and the west coast will have to wait a while. I don't know what is true.

I know that no more than 33% of total cars shipped to USA can have the LSD, but I think some of the early ones will have it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Your information on the limited slip differential is incorrect. Both cars on my first allocation sheet will have the LSD. One of the cars is a Luxury package, the other is the leather package. Both cars will also have heated front seats.

Originally posted by ISx300:
Hi,
In the various posts of this forum, people have said that the Graphite wheels and LSD may not be available at first. I am wodnering when the 2nd run of IS300's will come, w/ everything in it?

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hey Chris - how did you get your allocation sheets already? I though dealers didn't get them until June 7th!

·
Registered
24 Posts
During the last week the dealers is the East have been preferencing their sold orders with the district reps to get as many fills on the existing order bank. The June build list increased about 130 cars from the May list. So August should have some more cars. In the East Ltd slip cars arrive right away but only amount to 33% of production.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I was at my dealer the other day and was looking at the build sheets for what looked like the Southern Region. Every car was either LP SR HH LD or LS SR HH LD. None of the cars had the Graphite wheels, nor did it look like they'd be getting any, but they all had the LSD. ?????

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
So you guys in Florida are getting cars with the HEATED seats!?!?! bwahaha.

Maybe they will include a humidifier and a hill-holder clutch too!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
No a/c for the first batch of Florida cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts