Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like whats a good millage to boost your car? i want to find another IS300 and turbo that. but like is 60k too much to boost a car? or will it still handle the power for a long time??

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
like whats a good millage to boost your car? i want to find another IS300 and turbo that. but like is 60k too much to boost a car? or will it still handle the power for a long time??

thanks in advance
its a matter of how you, or the previous owner drove the car. You can seriously boost any car at any mileage, but basically the higher it is, just more parts you just have to change out. 60k is small. there are few members that boosted at over 100k. i boosted mine around 42k miles. Also for power wise, if you are at a safe psi and good tune u will be fine. Best bet for the safest way to keep it for a while is auto- have at least vb and hg done. Manual have w58 tranny and hg. this should put you around mid 350.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, that helps alot!!

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
You can boost any car at any mileage. Just don't sacrifice maintenance for boost, or any mods for that matter.

Also, make sure your pocketbook is ready and you have reserves to dip into if necessary.

Lastly, it would help greatly if you had another DD or spare car.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
You can boost your car at any mileage. What is more important is the amount of $$$$$$$ to handle the boost mileage :)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
if it helps you I boosted mine at 108xxx:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts