Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, people. I've been thinking about getting a nice set of street wheels for my IS. I currently have a set of Drag DR-34's which look great but are obviously a cheap, heavy, weak knock-off. I've seen the VMR V710FF's, and they look pretty similar. Are those the wheels that mine were modeled after? Please let me know what the original design was, and I'd like suggestions on what to get for my next set. They're gonna replace the Drags. They need to be high quality and functional (even though 19 inches isn't exactly functional lol), but what worries me more than anything is the looks for this particular set. Let me know what your favorite wheels are on these cars and any recommendations you may have (please post the wheels on an IS300 if you have or can find a picture). This might turn into a wheel compilation thread for the IS300. By the way, I like lip and concave wheels, but I know not much of that can be achieved with the stock body. I'm also looking for 19's, MAYBE 18's but definitely not anything bigger or smaller. I also want the wheels to be forged OR some high-quality casting process like flow-forming. I will post a picture of my car shortly. Please, no stance crap. I'm gonna be 1-1.5 inches lower than stock, I'll be adding the TRD lip kit, and I have to confirm which offset fits, but I'm thinking of running something like a 19x8.5 +45 on a 245/30/19. They can be staggered too. My car is white, and I think that the black on the wheels is a gorgeous contrast for the paint, so I will likely want my next set to be black too. Also, please no flamming or arguing in this thread, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts