Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys.

im wondering what size mm wheel spacers do i need for tein stech springs with stock 17 inch wheels.

the tein stech spring drop is 1.5 inches in the front and 1.6 in the back.

also, where would i find them at?

any help would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
for the rear... 20-25 MM H&R makes them.

For the front, no more than 10 MM..

With stock wheels and 225's and my Tein HA coilovers i rubbed my fronts often.

·
Registered
370 Posts
petaa7 said:
hey guys.

im wondering what size mm <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=wheel%20spacers" onmouseover="window.status='wheel spacers'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">wheel spacers</a> do i need for tein stech springs with stock <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=17%20inch" onmouseover="window.status='17 inch'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">17 inch</a> wheels.

the tein stech spring drop is 1.5 inches in the front and 1.6 in the back.

also, where would i find them at?

any help would be great. thanks.
Hmm why do you need spacers, I'm runnin S-Techs on stock shocks with stock 17's 215/45/17's. And I dont rub at all. And I drive in the pot hole city NY.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
yeah, i am also wondering why the spacers? for a more aggressive look witht he wheel slightly pushed out? you dont need spacers with any spring and stock is300 wheels

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, when the car is dropped the wheels tend to get slightly pushed inwards. i wanted wheels spacers in the back so that it doesn't look pushed in.

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cuificu said:
Hmm why do you need spacers, I'm runnin S-Techs on stock shocks with stock 17's 215/45/17's. And I dont rub at all. And I drive in the pot hole city NY.
wheel spacers are to put in between the lug nutts so the wheels get pushed out to make it even in the front and back. it has nothing to do with the tire rubbing with the fender etc.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
kraze8 said:
the "pushed" in look is camber issues.
spacers will not fix it.
True, plus they will rub even more. I asked this question at one of the local MOD shops. They highly rec-against it.

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
yup there's no reason to put spacers on for spring installs.

get your alignment fixed. the rear will still have camber, there's no way around that. (unless someone decides to make rear camber adjusters)

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
irv_usc said:
yup there's no reason to put spacers on for spring installs.

get your alignment fixed. the rear will still have camber, there's no way around that. (unless someone decides to make rear camber adjusters)

funny thing is, my rear tires wear evenly. My front tires have inner wear. Maybe I need another alignment for my fronts.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
for the fronts 5-10mm max, for the rear i would go with 15-20mm max
i had the 25mm and it was too much. it raised my car because the wheel stance was increased dramatically and incorrrectly. when i put on the 25mm's my rear raised about 1/2"-1". didnt look good at all. i returned them. didnt even bother with the fronts.

imo i would suggest 5mm up front and 15mm in the rear. dont try to risk it like me and push it out too much. youll regret it. max you could go with spacers is 10mm up front and 25mm rear w/o shaving. i dont recommend it though. actually i dont recommend spacers at all. i returned my spacers and got rims. its def worth it, but if moneys an issue and you are happy with stock rims go with 5mm front and 15mm rear H&R hubcentric spacers. you will notice a difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts