Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
18x8 front 18x9 rear...

currently on eibach drop...newer stock shocks. Rides great

I really only need about an inch lower to clean the gap...
really don't want to shell out 600+ for some coilovers for just an inch.

anyone use aftermarket/ebay "coilover sleeves" on stock shocks with eibach springs?

is it a good idea?

Like I stated I only need about an inch rear..inch half front to clean it up...
I've heard Koni's have a dual pearch that might lower me a bit...

I really want to get some ebay sleeves with my eibach springs....and put extra the money into mait...im at 100k

just need to lose an inch...thoughts?
dont know too much about spring rates...anyone wanna learn me:confused:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Have you considered getting S-Techs? It sounds like they will give you the drop you are looking for without much expense. I'm currently on S-Techs w/stock shocks and my car has no gap in the front and the rears are actually tucked a bit. I will say that my shocks are very close to giving up the ghost too, which is a drawback to this combo. I'm actually changing my setup to the Bilstein/ProKit setup this weekend because I don't want my car that low.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
^^Best thing you could do to an IS. To the OP why would you use some cheap ass sleeves? I've seen that crap break/broken in person. You should have gotten bilstein shocks. If you search around you will find pics with my car with that setup and it lowers less than 1inch.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im confused as to what you mean by "cheap ebay coilovers with eibach springs." Are you saying you want to use a set of coilover sleeves with your current eibach springs? Have you done the measurements to see if they would even fit?? Because chances are they simply WONT fit into the sleeves. Save yourself the disappointment and just get another set of springs with a lower drop like others have said. If your heart is set on adjustability then get a set of ground controls, those are made with eibach springs and can be order in whatever spring rate you want.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If you have yet to post any info on the wheels or show a picture im going to assume from your wording that you do not have anything crazy and your just looking to slam the car as low as it can go. Your going to need coilovers. If your going to skip out on the most important part of your car and buy something cheap i wish all the best of luck to you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have yet to post any info on the wheels or show a picture im going to assume from your wording that you do not have anything crazy and your just looking to slam the car as low as it can go. Your going to need coilovers. If your going to skip out on the most important part of your car and buy something cheap i wish all the best of luck to you.

i'll get a pic up...wheels are 18x8 front 18x9 rears...not exact on offsets but with a 235/40r18 in the rear and a slight roll it does rub with people in back but not much...but IT DOES rub some. Need to work quarters a little more...i got some more room. Just looking to go a little lower (another 1" at most)at the same time keep some comfort...i don't track the car at all

Front has about a 1"-1.5 gap still.

thanks for the feedback fellas....+ or - it is all appreciated.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Go with some 225's in the rear and it will take care of things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.