Lexus IS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I need to get in there to get a real opinion about the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's. I wanna know why people think they're crappy tires when they have excellent ratings on TireRack. Better than the stock Goodyears..

Is it just coz they're Korean !! Hmmm, I coulda bought about 17 Kia's for the price of my IS.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
Originally posted by sambusik:
Yeah, I need to get in there to get a real opinion about the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712's. I wanna know why people think they're crappy tires when they have excellent ratings on TireRack. Better than the stock Goodyears..

Is it just coz they're Korean !! Hmmm, I coulda bought about 17 Kia's for the price of my IS.

I have Kumhos. They work good for daily driving. They are good at donuts. Little loud, but that's ok, I have my music on full blast anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A lot of folks I know have had good luck with these tires that you speak of Sambusik. Others have different views. It's really a crap shoot.

However, aren't they like $100 a piece at tirerack.com? For that price I think it's worth a test buy. Much better than paying some ridiculous amount, like $187 for our OEM Bridgestones and realizing that they are crap.

Also tirerack has another brand called Sumitomo (Like the bank) which I think is similarly priced and the tread looks pretty aggressive. If nationality is an issue, I think Sumitomo are Japanese.

I am not a tire brand snob like a lot of folks out there. What ever works and works well at a lower cost and is dependable is the key. Isn't this why we all bought IS300's instead of BMW 3 Series and Audi A4's?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.