Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-
Haven't been on for a few months... just busy. But hey, at least I'm coming back with some wheel mods!

I needed tires for my stockers and thought - well, I know I wanna go to 18's, so let me see if I can get some used temporary ones and find some tires for the price of new 17" tires alone. I did ok!

Found these Enkei take-offs from a Galant R, (18x8, +46) got 'em powder coated, and got out for under $500 WITH decent tires :approve: The wheels are just under 21 lbs. each, but even with the +1 tires I'm not feeling a weight difference, so pretty good there. They actually look a lot like our stockers, but in a 7-spoke ;)

They're also pushed more flush to the edge a little more, which looks so much better. I'm trying to find some Enkei center caps that fit, but in the meantime I sanded down the "tri-diamonds" and slapped some TRD resin emblems on. Not bad for cheap!

(She looks a little low because I've got some of my bro's furniture in the back! He, he.)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like them wheels. You are right they kind of look like stock but more spokes. they look real good.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
awww u shoulda let me know u were looking for tires....i had 215/45-17 and 225/45-17 i was selling for 250.00

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Looks good..nice find!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

Looks good. 18x8 is a decent size rim for an OE galant - they do have that stock look to em which is cool.

you should paint your fogs/heads dark grey, and get a shorty antenna --i used an rx330 antenna i found off ebay. and drop that car!!

keep it clean!! +rep
Yeah, I hear 'ya man... Next step for sure is the drop and maybe spacers if it warrants. Dark gray sounds nice for the light assembly -- hadn't thought of anything but black, but after Photoshopping the mock-up, it looked a little too "raccoon"-y for me, especially with CW paint.

Think I'll get on the gray tonight and see what's what... thanks for the tip! :approve:

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
lookine good. Look just enough not like stock to be different, but not so iconic that people know it is from another car brand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts