Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd REALLY like to use my stock 17" wheels to run race tires on, but @#[email protected]#$%! they don't fit over the Rotora big brakes I've got up front now. They bump into the spokes near the hub. Looks like I could run a 1/2" spacer all around to take care of that.

Anyone done this? Where can I get spacers?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered some 5mm spacers. We'll see how they work out. Should be enough to clear the calipers without having to change studs, etc.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
let us know

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock 17" wheels with 5mm spacers DO NOT fit over the Rotora breaks. 10mm works (two 5's). I'm going to try 7mm now. The 5mm were VERY close...

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
turnip8snatch said:
Check Pepboys out they carry several universal spacers. And they are cheap. If they dont work return. They are packaged in away that is simple to open and put back in.
Thanks. The ones I got were fairly cheap too, but this would be faster. I'll try that. I just don't want to go too large or I'll need new bolts...

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AlBoston said:
get hubcentric spacers or expect some nice vibrations.
Yeah, I noticed the ones I had just kind of lay there... I tapped them around to get eye-ball centered after I had the wheel on before fully tighted...but that obviously is far from balanced...

These aren't intended for high-speed cruising however.

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
webmaster said:
Stock 17" wheels with 5mm spacers DO NOT fit over the Rotora breaks. 10mm works (two 5's). I'm going to try 7mm now. The 5mm were VERY close...
really?!?! then i'm focked....

what 17's will clear? I need to get my snow tires on...

did you try 7mm spacers?!?

please let me know or PM me.....

thanks!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
irv_usc said:
hope you get some hubcentric spacers, or you may have wheel shake
yeah, people have reccomended the H&R's, which are hubcentric...

I need help here, not sure what exactly to get...

please chime in webmaster!

thanks!

:)

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
dje said:
get h&r

i use them on my benz
direct fit for the car

no ring inserts
thanks, having a hard time finding them...and not sure if 5mm is enough to clear the bbk ?

webmaster?! did u successfully get the 5mm spacers to work or what?!?!?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts