Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can someone tell me what is the pro and con when adding spacer to the rear wheels?

i am using stock 17inch wheels, should i add 5mm or 10mm spacers?

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
davchang11 said:
i used 20 mm in the back. i think it looks better if you are staying with stock wheels, but its very subtle
what does it do, and also u got any pics from the side?

Matt

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
GGPsoldier said:
Can one of these 5mm spacers be used to make up for a 18x8 rim with a +40mm offset?
If you put on 5mm spacers, that's like having a +35 offset. Is that what you want?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
GGPsoldier said:
Can one of these 5mm spacers be used to make up for a 18x8 rim with a +40mm offset?
If the wheel is an 18x8 with a +45 offset then a 5mm spacer will make it like a +40 offset. If you're buying new wheels, might as well just get the correct offset in the beginning. Wheel spacers push your wheels outwards more, so if you were just flush with the fender a spacer will push you past the fender.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
davchang11 said:
its mainly just for looks, but sweeping turns it feels more stable. check my sig for pics
wheel spacer in larger thinkness usually give understeer characteristics to the car. howeve I guess since the IS300 is more of a tail happy car it may give it a more stable feel.

I had 1.5" spacer on a Astro Van before and made the van understeer like hell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts