Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats The Biggest And Widest Wheel That The Is300 Can Handle With Out Mods, 18x10's? Please Feel Free For Those That Know , Thanks , Much Info Needed Since I Am A Newbie.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Dude. This is the kind of thing that has been answered 1,000 times. There are a lot of options/variables.

As a newbie, I advise you to make the "search" button your new best friend so that people don't rag on you for asking noob questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
you have time to call him a newb but you dont have time to give him any feedback? wtf kind of community is this when every post is OMG SEARCH IT AND FIND OUT YOURSELF. why even bother having a forum, might as well just google everything.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
My advice is don't get big wheels and crazy offsets. No need to sacrifice performance. 18's are good enuff. 8-8.5 front 8.5-9 in the rear. 9.5 in the rear you may have to roll or cut the fender.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
you have time to call him a newb but you dont have time to give him any feedback? wtf kind of community is this when every post is OMG SEARCH IT AND FIND OUT YOURSELF. why even bother having a forum, might as well just google everything.
Give a man a fish...
Teach a man to fish...

Dude, I told him there are too many variables and options to give a straight answer. This forum has a ton of information, and those of us who have been here more than a couple weeks don't enjoy rehashing old questions. Avail yourself of the search function instead of wasting bandwidth by cluttering up the forum with the same crap over and over.

Plus, he called himself a newb, dicklips.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Every person who joins a new forum says the same comment. Hell even I did when I first joined. If there is one thing I have learned from contributing to this forum is.....PEOPLE GET TIRED OF POSTING THE SAME INFO TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!

You are correct, instead of taking more time to post something telling another user to use the search, the correct information could have easily been posted. However, if you have someone chime in and ask? "hey what kind of exhaust options do I have for an IS300?" I can't think of one seasoned user on this forum that would not be irritated. You expect us to use the search to find your data but you cannot? Come on man, throw us a bone here. That is why a search engine is built into EVERY single forum engine. This site has a TON AND TON of information, you just have to take the time to find it.

Hell I did my Aristo swap from taking about 6 mos to search and find other relevant posts. Read all I could and then took the time to post specific threads on information that I didn't understand.

We are all hear to help everyone, but we are not here to hold your hand! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
its funny how my comment sparked conversation. he asked a common question and wanting advice from you guys. i am a newb and i really dont care. im not here to increase my post count and stroke your peen.

why not just answer his question like, this is the setup i have, i like this about it, i dont like this about it. if i had to do it again i would probably do this. or if i had the money i would do this, etc.

nope instead its like almost every post here CLICK ON THA SEARCH BUTTONZ !!!!!!1111!!1111!!1ONEONEONEONE.

anyone can use the search and find what you think is the answer, how about stop being a robot and give the newbs some insight about what you actually think.

btw please drop my rep down more.

·
Registered
703 Posts
amazingly enough the search feature on this site works well

I wouldn't expect people to hand feed me answers

·
Registered
4 Posts
im not going to post anymore, its not helping this guy, im sure he is smart enough to find the answer. instead please flame me via pms, im pretty sure ppl just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
why not just answer his question like, this is the setup i have, i like this about it, i dont like this about it. if i had to do it again i would probably do this. or if i had the money i would do this, etc.
That's not what he asked. He asked a question with no real absolute answer.

He didn't ask a question like: "What is the stock width of the wheel?"
It was more like: "What color can I paint my car?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts