Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys know of any shops in the GTA that custom bore rims? Lets say I have a set that have a bolt pattern of 5x100 and I want to make them 5x114. I know people do it but I don't know which places offer this service?

On a side note I Wiki'd "bolt pattern". It came up implying somthing that 5x100 and 5x114 were the same just different metric conversions.

:confused:

·
Registered
962 Posts
another set of wheels Jahn? you're gonna turn in a rim whore if you keep going. lol.

anyways, re-drilling the bolt pattern is not a good idea, as you're taking away material from the rim.

they have spacer/adapters that can convert the bolt patterns.

on a side note, since your car is not on the road till may you're not in a complete rush to get the resonators right?

my guy at vibrant has been busy so no chance to get back to me. i saw his car at the carshow earlier tonight so i'm pretty sure he's been busy with that. i'll let you know once he gets back to me.

Reactions: jahnIS300

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ haha just checkin my options here ;)

I know that wheel adapters are actually not recomended. I personally have no experience with them so I'm just going with what I've heard.Custom boring the holes shouldn't be too bad?

I just want a place that can do this..

As for the Vibrant parts no hurry. I may just go with magnaflow parts like Tony recommended. If you do get prices I wouldn't mind knowing as well.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
5x100 and 5x114 are definitely not compatible, I had a set of 5x112 with special self centering lugs and it vibrated with only 2.3 mm difference, 14mm is huge and I doubt they wheel would even mount on the studs.

·
Registered
962 Posts
coolio.

back to the wheel thing, proper hubcentric adapters should be okay, since the weight is still on the hub ring.

as for re-drills, i've heard of people just opening up the 5x100 to a 5x114.3. there's also, drilling the 5x114.3 pattern in the spaces in between the existing wholes.

i'm guessing a proper wheel refinishing shop should be able to do it.

what rims are you looking at that are 5x114.3?

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
coolio.
as for re-drills, i've heard of people just opening up the 5x100 to a 5x114.3. there's also, drilling the 5x114.3 pattern in the spaces in between the existing wholes.

That is exactly what I'm looking to do. So I guess I could go and do this after all. Would you know any places in particular? I e-mailed that Precision place. Waiting on a reply.

As for the wheels they are 77W G games

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If all goes well I'll have my 5 Zigen FNO1R-C for sale. Those rims were super light.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What the heck?
Didn't you just get them?
haha yes I did actually. Well after looking at them long and hard I realised they weren't bronze enough for me :(

So I had 2 options;

1) Strip the paint and get it painted to a darker bronze, also get some "FN01R-C" decals custom made to replace the original decal which would come off with the paint (which i already did and paid for :pissed:)

OR

2) Get a new setup altogether.

Getting the FN's repainted was my very last option, since it would be a big waste to buy a set perfectly fine but just to go change the color? Doesn't make much sense.

So it looks like I'm going with the 77W's :cool:

The FNO1R-C's will be for sale soon.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Siren I'll definately check them out if it comes down to customizing this bad boys to fit.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
jahn... your car has more rims than a girl has shoes... :blush:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts