Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick answer on this one. planin to buy aftermarket 18" wheel here in the next couple weeks.

when choosing a offset, does negative or lower offset in aftermarket wheels have more spacing to its mounting hub?

i just want to make sure i will get the right one, so it won't rub on my is300 when its installed. thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
in your question i think you meant higher* or lower offset
anywho
i dont know what you mean by spacing between the hub, but a lower offset will make your wheel closer to the fender or stick out more towards the outside if your car
eg. stock rims
17x7 +50
vs
17x7 +30
the +30 will be more flush with the fender

search search search for more answers, tehres alot of stuff on offset

gluck

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sort of, i think ur right to ur opinion in there. the higher the offset, the thicker the wheel's hub. or, the chance it will rub to the fender.

it's been almost a yr since i bought my adr gt sport 19" wheel/tire package, and i can't remember well what offset r they. but i'm pretty sure i got the highest offset before, and it still rubs on my mazda 6s rear fenders. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
if you want to find out the correct offset for your wheel setup just tell us what size your rims and tires are and then we can tell you what offsets will/will not work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts