Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone having problems with their wheels , brake callipers, shocks etc.? The reason I am asking is that when I go over sharp bumps with my car nothing big just normal size. I am hearing ticking and chingling noise from the wheels....

I have had the car at the dealer 4 times for this problem and they say that they hear it and cant fix it ???? they say that it is the brake calliper springs loosing up...and that Lexus does not have a fix for it yet ? does this mean that I have to live with it ?

I also had taken a loaner IS 300 out while my car was at the dealer and that car did it to...I have had the tires and the rims replaced at the dealer ( thats another nightmare story )so I know it isnt those.

It would be helpfull if anyone has had this problem and could post a reply and maybe a fix for it, before I go trade the car in !

Thanks...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Gotago:
Have you try to ask them (your Local Lexus Dealer)to replace the rear right passenger strut yet (It also a known issue for IS300). I will have my replace next week, and the symptom for that was squek noise when shift from Park to Reverse or to Drive.
My GF also told me that my car have a small ticking chingling noise once in a while (NOT ALWAYS) when driving over a bridge that have a sand/rock (not smooth) cement pavement. BUT I can't hardly hear it which will translate to ---> the Lexus Technician will also NOT hear it.
I'm really looking forward into nextweek with the rear strut replace and hope it will also cure the ticking & chingling sound. Will keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks TNguyenIS300:
I hope thats the problem, I'll mention it to my service rep...the rep told me that the GS's and the RX's both did it and Lexus came out with a fix for it...but not for rthe IS's

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I don't have that problem yet.
Can anyone tell me any more information about this known problem with the front struts?

I have another problem. When I go over bumps real slow and go at an angle or while turning, my fronlt brakes make a creaking sound.

Does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
108 Posts
As a last resort you should check if Boston has a lemon law because what you just described as bringing in your car 4 times for the same problem here in hawaii the lemon law kicks in and an option could be lexus could just give you a new car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Orkin:
Yes I have thought of that, we have a lemon law here too and I think its 3 times but the dealer has been cute with the paperwork and listing it as a normal condition...I have already fought with them about not listing it every time I was there for this problem..I am also going to contact Lexus directly in California...and I still have to send out my service survey..boy am I going to burn them...asside of this problem my car has been damaged every time its been there..from small scratches to large deep one's ( had to have the fender repainted)to destroying every one of my rims to the point where I had them all replaced..
Thanks for the advice I am going to look into that more tomorrow...
Man I should have kept the M3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Gotago
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing