Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know an Is300 owner in Irvine who got his rims jacked by someone. This got me thinking as to how I can better protect my rims. Obviously the wheel locks do not work. I saw "Urolocks" from a website that seems to be pretty effective. Does anyone know if they work or where I can get more info? The urolocks can be found here: http://www.toadauto.com/urolock-wheel-locks.shtml

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
okie dokie... did not check out the website but im sure its really similar a lot of those gimicky TV ad products.... sorry if im wrong but heres my 2 cents....

like clownomatic said, if they really want the rims, theyll get them.... i have frineds who work at and own racing shops.... one guy with an MR2 turbo shattered his McGard lock and still got his wheel off.... not that hard at all to break off locks... if you have open end locks, somebody can just make a 2-minute putty foam mold at night and make a metal key for your rims overnight and get your rims the next day....

so... i say just get a set of McGard locks... or you can do this ( kinda funny but may work ) get 5, yes i said 5 sets of different locks ( diff. or same manufacturer, doesnt matter ) and put a diff. lock for each bolt in each wheel.... so the thieves will havta break 5 locks from each wheel.... what a pain... theyll just leave and find another IS300...

second, park in your garage and if possible, dont park in high-risk or secluded areas....

or.... puhahah get one of those ( "step away from the vehicle" talking alrams.. )

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No its not the McGard wheel locks I am talking about. We all have McGuard wheel locks on our rims (those of you who bought this option). This lock actually covers one of the lug nuts and you need a key to unlock it. If you try to use a wrench or mold, it wont work. But I just wanna know if anyone has used this product before and whether or not its not just a gimmick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts