Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody want to sell your stock wheels? I want to buy at least 4. Call me picky but I think the car looks better when all 4 wheels match. Donations would not be refused. They would actually be very much welcomed. Come to think about it, as much as they costs at dealership, you could probably write them off as a loss on the IRS itemized deduction schedule.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You should check ebay. There was a guy selling his stock 17" rims a few days ago. Not sure if its still there...but take a look.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I offered him 625 for all five wheels and he countered with 700 and he would pay shipping. I accepted and then he backed out on me.
He has posted on e-bay he would accept 800 and close the auction. I reluctantly e-mailed him with the 800 offer. It's been 3 days and he still hasn't got back in touch with me even after I have spoken with him on the phone.
It appears this guy does not know the truth. Be ware! Since I'm obviously not gonna be the high bidder, how do I complain to ebay? I have copies of his e-mail "agreements" and would like to let e-bay know of his character. Any suggestions?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by gebo:
Thanks for the info. I offered him 625 for all five wheels and he countered with 700 and he would pay shipping. I accepted and then he backed out on me.
He has posted on e-bay he would accept 800 and close the auction. I reluctantly e-mailed him with the 800 offer. It's been 3 days and he still hasn't got back in touch with me even after I have spoken with him on the phone.
It appears this guy does not know the truth. Be ware! Since I'm obviously not gonna be the high bidder, how do I complain to ebay? I have copies of his e-mail "agreements" and would like to let e-bay know of his character. Any suggestions?
Ebay will not care about "on-the-side" agreements. In fact, they are cracking down on deals done this way - you'll probably get a warning if you try and "complain" about it.

------------------
Tony
'01 Spectra Blue
'94 Turbo Miata

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see your point and stand corrected on the side "bid." But the $800 issue is written right under his e-bay ad for all to see. He has written that if anyone e-mails him a offer of $800 he would close the auction. I e-mailed him my $800 bid and he did close the auction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
gebo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing