Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the same as the sedan? The guide is comprehensive, just want to be sure that I'm not missing anything...

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I think we have a little more clearance in the rears but it's minimal. What specs are you looking into?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably 18x8 and 18x9, +38 front and rear. Unsure of tire size. It should clear, the back might need a roll, I think.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
I'm with sway, I think our fronts are dead on. The rears we prolly have a couple more mm based on the same set of wheels from sedan to SportX and vice-versa. Around 5mm I would say.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i was wondering if what is the widest tire the stock rear wheels can handle. I read on a site that 255/40 can fit our 7.5 rear wheels. what is the widest anyone has put on their stock wheels.

·
Registered
6,141 Posts
Check on the tire MFG website, it will tell you the rim width range for each tire size. I don't think it looks good personally to put a too big tire on a wheel, looks "bulgy" to me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Probably 18x8 and 18x9, +38 front and rear. Unsure of tire size. It should clear, the back might need a roll, I think.
I'm planning on going with 18x9.5 Offset 30 / Varrstoen ES1 with 5mm spacers where needed.

I will let you know if I needed to do any modifications to get them to fit right.t

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am running 18x8.5 +30 18x10 +40 with 10mm spacers front and rear. I need to roll and pull front and back. I am running a 215/35 up front and 225/40 in the rear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts