Lexus IS Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1828 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey hope someone can help with this i know this thread is old

trying a new setup on 02 is

18x8.5 +30 offset with 225 40 18 will it work?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bumping this old thread since I know there are some wheel gurus out there... One of my stock rims are slightly bent, so I'm going to replace them with some super cheap WRX wheels.

'03 IS300 ---
Future drop plans on coilovers, about .5"-.8" drop.

Wheel specs ---
18x8.5 +38

What size tires can I run on these without rubbing on my drop? Also, would I need any fender work?

EDIT: Just figured it out... Going to run 225/40 all around and have some front fender work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey hope someone can help with this i know this thread is old

trying a new setup on 02 is

18x8.5 +30 offset with 225 40 18 will it work?
I believe you're in the same boat as me...

Fender 77.95 (F 65 - BAD/R 68 - OK)
Suspension 137.95 (F 155 - OK/R 183 - OK)

Will need some front fender work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would I be able to run XXR 521 (F) 18X8.5 +35 (R) 18X8.5 +25 (tire size I am unsure of) I want to order these rims for my car, if the offset needs to be changed please let me know. I am willing to roll my fenders as well as I am now lowered yet Im still sitting at stock height but plan to lower a little bit

·
Registered
754 Posts
Would I be able to run XXR 521 (F) 18X8.5 +35 (R) 18X8.5 +25 (tire size I am unsure of) I want to order these rims for my car, if the offset needs to be changed please let me know. I am willing to roll my fenders as well as I am now lowered yet Im still sitting at stock height but plan to lower a little bit
read the first post in this thread. do the math found on the first post and you will have your answer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this thread is older than nam but I wanted to check fitment for a clinched widebody kit. It adds 50mm up front and 65mm in rear. I'm wanting to grab a set of 18x9 front and 18x11 rear. I want to be just flush enough where I can still get some wide tires on without stretching. I was quoted with some Forgestar f14s, offsets for front and rear were advised +/-0. But that would be sticking out too far after using the equation listed here. Is there anyone out there? Can anyone help

·
Registered
32 Posts
So for a widebody kit, let's say the clinched kit, I would do the equation, for the REAR. Ex. Rear wheel 18x11 +15 (11x25.4 ÷2 -15) 124.7 SO. Then, I would then subtract the extra 65 mm from 124.7 and get 59.7, which WORKS. right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I’m planning on running some esr wheels on my 03 is300 18x8.5 in front 18x9.5 rear what offset do I need. (I tried to use the links but there all dead) I’m on stock suspension but I’m planning on lowering it at least an inch

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi I’m planning on running some esr wheels on my 03 is300 18x8.5 in front 18x9.5 rear what offset do I need. (I tried to use the links but there all dead) I’m on stock suspension but I’m planning on lowering it at least an inch
You should probably invest in some toe links and figs MEGA arms in the back (or Serial Nine)

something in the +30 range is pretty easy to fit i bet

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay so i have some mb battles
17x8.5 +15 front
17x8.5 +15 rear
I’m currently not on coil overs but I’m looking into buying some and I want to know when I lower the suspension will this fitment be flush? I currently have rolled fenders.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm trying to get a lot of rubber under my car. I'd like to do 245 in front and 265 or 275 in back. Want 18" wheels.

Car has already had the fenders rolled, liners reformed (previous owner) and something was done up front that causes the fender to stick out past the door by about 3mm.

Car is lowered on Eibach prokit with bilsteins

Was thinking 18x8.5 +40 up front - should give me calculations of 68mm (fender) and 148mm (suspension) which seems like it should be all good?

Was thinking 18x9.5 +45 in back - gives calculations of 76mm (fender) and 166mm (suspension) which also seems ok? I realize the 76mm is slightly over the limit, but was thinking because fenders have already been modified that it'll probably clear.

The SSR GTV01 is available in these sizes and seems like it's a match. My car is silver, I'd think the flare bronze color would really look great.

Intended tire sizes are 245/35/18 front (could I manage a 255?), 265/35/18 or 275/35/18 back

Not concerned with "hella flush". I'm concerned about getting big grippy tires under my car without rubbing, bending or shredding anything. Also don't want the heavy camber look.

Another consideration is brakes. I'm intending on FIGs big brakes front and rear.

Totally open to suggestions and comments! Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
first aftermarket wheels

I'm planning on getting some motegi MR136s for my first set of wheels
Front: 17X8.5 +45
Rear: 18X8.5 +35

i did the math and its pretty close to the fender limit on both the front and rear.
I'm lowered an inch on koni shocks and eibach springs and i want perfect fitment, what tires should i run?
also the wheels im getting only come in 17s or 18s, 8.5 or 9.5, and +35 or +45
i dont want to do 9.5 cause I'm scared they'll poke way too much and i dont want to do 18s on the front in the case that it may not fit right

whats the solutions to my distress??

·
Mr. Roo
9,496 Posts
people usually run the same diameter wheels all around, not 17 and 18 like that. 17 is stock, and I've had 19s on mine no problem. Currently using 18s. There really is no "fender limit" since you can pull them as wide as you need really. Those wheels will fit easily with any size tire really. And "perfect fitment" is subjective anyway. I have 18x9.5 +30 on the back and 18x8.5 +30 on the front and they don't poke

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm trying to get a lot of rubber under my car. I'd like to do 245 in front and 265 or 275 in back. Want 18" wheels.

Car has already had the fenders rolled, liners reformed (previous owner) and something was done up front that causes the fender to stick out past the door by about 3mm.

Car is lowered on Eibach prokit with bilsteins
To close the loop on this, I ended up buying TSW Nurburgrings in 18x8.5 +45 for the front and 18x9 +63 in the back. Tires are Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35 and 265/35

The inner sidewall of the front tires was a SLIGHT rub on the suspension upright, easily solved with a 3mm wheel spacer (for a total effective offset of +42)

In the back, the +63 tucked those 265s totally within the wheelwell, and just barely cleared the springs and the rear subframe mounts. In the end, I chose to add a 5mm wheel spacer (for a total effective offset of +58) to poke the wheels outboard just a bit, but they were nice as it was.

Last, I did the IS350 brake upgrade, and these wheels easily clear the brakes.

Very happy with this setup and it didn't turn out "ricer" at all:

Attachments

1781 - 1800 of 1828 Posts