Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is giving me a set of wheels. All 4 wheels are 17x8 with a 37 offset. Will these work without major fender mod? if not, how can I make them work? i am dropped on H&R and stock shocks.

Thank you for your input in advance.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Depending on how much your drop is ...that size rim with that offset will work.

If you're lowered a lot you will probably need to roll your front fenders. With that set up and an aggressive stance, you'll rub the front fenders during turns if you hit a bump or pot hole. If it was me I would roll the front fenders anyway, regardless.

Tire size also matters. What size tires were you looking at?

·
Registered
141 Posts

this is an example of my old 17x8 +44 Volk AV3s. The tires were 215s so it had a slight stretch but I think you can get the idea. It looks like the extra 7 mms wouldn't be too drastic but look for yourself.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
You will rub up front if you run a 225. Only around tight turns though or big dips. If you can deal with this, they will work. If you can't... you will have to modify your front fender a bit. The rears (with 225s) will fit nice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

I think the picture says it all...but thank you all for your input. I might try running my 215's on all 4 wheels and see what happens.

All of you info was helpful...+rep to all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts