Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my car now.

Looking for a new look for my manaray vr5's. Should i go with

1)black with a red lip

or

2)jdm style gold with a polished lip

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Didn't put it in the wheel forum, because i wasn't asking info on a specific wheel.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
speedisprecious said:
Personally I say stick with what they are currently. I like them like that best out of all those options.

sISp
I second that ;)
Black with red lip makes the AR kind of less cleany...

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
Are you talking about refinishing your current VR5s? I'd say get those refinished in gold or bronze with polished lip.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the wrong tone said:
Are you talking about refinishing your current VR5s? I'd say get those refinished in gold or bronze with polished lip.
Sorry, yeah I meant to refinish my vr5. Alot of people have the black with a polished lip (itz jow3 would never stop talking if I copied him, haha), so i'm looking for something different.

·
Registered
122 Posts
gold w/ polished looks very nice

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
sry. dont like either the red or gold. stick with stock look

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
i say stick with the silver, it goes with your headlights and taillights (assuming you havent painted them).
if you have painted heads and tails (black) then i would suggest the black face with red lip, to keep the color theme going.
i am a fan of the JDM gold, but personally, i dont think it ties in too well with the silver/ black chrome heads/tails you have. now if you "modelista" the tails, then i'd say go with the gold.

·
Registered
387 Posts
its in your soul to rock that gold..

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would definitely choose gold w/ polished lip cus i had a diff. set in bronze w/ polished lip and i loved it.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
F, personally, i love your car as-is, but if you wanted a change, the bronze looks better. :)

·
Threadlocker
8,984 Posts
trade wheels with jowe just to see how you like the black wheel look.

personally i think people are killing it with the black/polished lip. many people that do it don't even follow the flow of the car anymore.

black with red lip sounds interesting, but so does bronze with polished lip.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
irv_usc said:
personally i think people are killing it with the black/polished lip. many people that do it don't even follow the flow of the car anymore.
word.

redlex, since you're filipino, man...
you got to coordinate.
so make the heads and tails match whatever color wheel you go with.
but thats just me.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
You could do your heads, tails, and fogs bronze. That would be sweet! I don't think anyone has done that.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts