Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dyno results right after i picked up the ride on 11/27/07: so far so good..

Over the last 3 weeks, things just didnt seem right(bad idle,backfires,sluggish ride, popping exhaust note, misfires in all cylinders) so i had it dynoed again:

problem: various boost leaks, mainly from fuel injector o-ring seals and top copling close to a/f meter. What confuses me is that the injectors came from a brand new turbo east kit that the tuners had(thats what they said) Apparently, the ones that i supplied from rc(SLG-440) wouldn't fit?? It all seemed a little strange to me. anyway, im getting it fixed later this week. Obviously, if i drive only in vacuum, im fine. the last shop said that i was only holding 4lbs. of boost with the leaks. will boosting at all cause any additional problems or should i just hold off til the original fix this mess?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Well I wouldn't drive it at all till I fixed all the small little problems especially the fuel leaks. Not worth it to put your life or others in danger because of a possible fire hazard. But if you must then drive in vacuum till you get everything sorted out, fuel leak first! What gear was the 2nd dyno done in...2nd gear?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I wouldn't drive it at all till I fixed all the small little problems especially the fuel leaks. Not worth it to put your life or others in danger because of a possible fire hazard. But if you must then drive in vacuum till you get everything sorted out, fuel leak first! What gear was the 2nd dyno done in...2nd gear?
Im not sure. i would imagine 3rd gear. Would the leaks be the main reason for the power loss or could there be some other issues as well?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Im not sure. i would imagine 3rd gear. Would the leaks be the main reason for the power loss or could there be some other issues as well?
Hymmm, 3rd gear would bring you past 66 MPH. Yes it's possible the leaks are the main reason behind the power loss. Not boost no power.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
based on that 2nd graph, your air fuel's are ugly.....like motor is going boom ugly.....might want to get that checked out.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
based on that 2nd graph, your air fuel's are ugly.....like motor is going boom ugly.....might want to get that checked out.

Yeah. The dyno was done before the boost leak test. I imagine that the leaks are causing the air fuels to be off. The major leaks are from the fuel injector o-rings. I was told to order new oem 0-rings, BUT the injectors are RC from a turbo east kit(that came without o-rings??). Should the stock 0-rings fit well on non-stock injectors like rc?

·
Registered
167 Posts
You never want to reuse injector o-rings. Always use new ones. So change those. But I doubt that's your problem because if one of them was torn your afr's would be off the chart rich. something else is to blame.

Oh and your power losses are even greater than the charts indicate because Dyno Dynamics dynos read about 15% lower than dynojets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts