Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, saw one at Lexus of Carlsbad (CA) with chrome 18 in. wheels. Beautiful car, much nicer than I expected.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
They aren't making that many in Green.

It used to be the "hot" color a few years ago (for other models of cars).

There is one that I see often parked near my house... With the beige LP package.

It would be my fourth choice in color...

Grey -> Blue -> Black -> Green.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

I have a green IS200 with beige interior. I think it looks great ! It's a subtle color but still when the sun falls on it it springs to life.

I picked it not only because i love the looks of it, I also like the fact that there's not that many green Lexus'es around which makes mine a bit more special and unique.

You can see some pictures of it in the IS200 owners forum on this site.

------------------
Best of Regards,
Karl Westman
[email protected]
Stockholm, Sweden

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks nice! Almost looks like it has a little bit of yellow in it when the sunlight is on it. Noticed this on my silver one. Take some pics with a different colored background (other than green trees and grass) to make that green really stand out!

·
Registered
132 Posts
ISFAN:

$699...

The price I saw displayed on a sticker on a new IS at the dealer was $799....go figure.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
626 Posts
Your car looks very nice. I never got the opportunity to see a green one. I have a silve and love the color, but your green looks sharp!

I like the spoiler as well! I may look into that. My wife does not want me to add the spoiler, but we will see.

Enjoy your car it looks great!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ISFan,
I complimented you in another post - don't make me hammer you now

What's this about the "wife?"

If you want the spoiler, get the spoiler. I'm thinking about getting one for my MS IS.

------------------
cardinal

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey if anyone is married, they know the wife rules! Hey it was enough to get her to agree to getting the car. I can not take advantage or the next thing you know she will want to drive the damn thing all over the place.

I am running out of excuses on why she can not drive it.

I still feel silver is the BEST color on this car. Just thought the Green looked nice too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
ISFAN:

The dealer installs it in less than a day.

So what you do is tell the wife you're going shopping for a gift for her and instead take the car to the dealer and get the spoiler put on. Whe she asks about it, just respond "Damn, I wonder how that got there." and give her the gift. She'll be so happy that you picked her up something she won't even remember she didn't want one.

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

·
Registered
626 Posts
I love it. Thanks!!! You know I tried to convince her to get his and her IS300, but the kids would not fit that well.

She stays at home and is all over with the kids.

I did promise her that when they get older she can get the car she wants.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by ISFAN:
Your car looks very nice. I never got the opportunity to see a green one. I have a silve and love the color, but your green looks sharp!

I like the spoiler as well! I may look into that. My wife does not want me to add the spoiler, but we will see.

Enjoy your car it looks great!
Fan-ster, Did you get the spoiler? Think I should get one? I really like the way accelr8's looks with the tint and spoiler...How about on our silver?

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
I got the tint but no spoiler. I talked to the dealer and they wanted 800 and would not budge. Did not think it was worth it. I just am not sure if that is the look I am going for. Maybe my wife will let me for xmas. The tint looks great. Makes the car look much more sport. .

I got the tine done as part of the deal. The dealership put it on. It is medium grey in color. I do not know the percent though or brand.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Your IS looks beautiful man. I've never seen one in person, but this picture is so good it's almost the same.
Enjoy

black/ivory (lovin it)
17"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the comments, folks.

BTW, the IS grill photo and the speedo picture in my album make great wallpapers!

------------------
'01 Imperial Jade Mica

1 - 20 of 24 Posts