Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this and should it be connected to something? It looks like a vacuum hose should be connected to it or is it just a vent tube?

-Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
One difference between the GS300 motor and the IS300 motor is the Power Steering Idle-up Control. If your at an idle, in gear, then slightly turn the steering wheel the idle goes up to help with the power steering load on the engine. The GS300 uses a vacuum controlled solenoid. The IS300 uses an electric idle up solenoid. The engine is made for both cars, but when they send it so the IS300 factory they leave the tube in because it's too much trouble to remove it later.
That's what it's for.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
ok now i have to go look at that, i hate when people notice new things!!!

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
this is correct. toyota has this on most of their other vehicles, and be happy that you don't have to deal with the vacuum ones, if you look at them funny, they break, and they are made of cheap plastic and $120 to replace. i would much rather have the electrical one then the fragile vacuum connections (nipples) .

Originally posted by DevilDog66:
One difference between the GS300 motor and the IS300 motor is the Power Steering Idle-up Control. If your at an idle, in gear, then slightly turn the steering wheel the idle goes up to help with the power steering load on the engine. The GS300 uses a vacuum controlled solenoid. The IS300 uses an electric idle up solenoid. The engine is made for both cars, but when they send it so the IS300 factory they leave the tube in because it's too much trouble to remove it later.
That's what it's for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts