Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference b/t my IS300 and an altezza? i hear ppl sayi i want altezza this altezza that whats so good about it? im new to all this so educate me please

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
ok. altezza is a toyota version of our car that sold in japan. i dunno if anywhere else, but japan for sure. if u have a civic or sometihng and u want the lights on an IS, its called altezza lights...

you do not have a Toyota Altezza, you have a Lexus IS300.
2 completely different engines, and interiors have not much in common either.

honestly, i duno what you can put on your car that u can call "altezza" besides the badge...i mean u have the "altezza lights"..what more? i tihnk they might mean JDM..but i dunno.

i guess this is much as i can do, until someone smarter and who is better at explaining things comes alot. lone sophiesleeps or imprimis.

-Aaron

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Aaron was almost correct...

Exterior:

IS300: longer car (due to 5 mph crash supports)
Altezza: Shorter

Interior:
They are the same, well one is RHD (the IS was lifted directly over) changes in speedo and other little things

Engines:

IS: 2JZ-GE
Altezza: 3SGE (correct me if I am wrong)

:lol:

I like the edit ;)

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
Aaron was almost correct...

Exterior:

IS300: longer car (due to 5 mph crash supports)
Altezza: Shorter

Interior:
They are the same, well one is RHD (the IS was lifted directly over) changes in speedo and other little things

Engines:

IS: 2JZ-GE
Altezza: 3SGE (correct me if I am wrong)

:lol:

I like the edit ;)
altezza = 4 cyl...
is300 = 6...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
yes it is a 3SGE, nonturbo MR2 engine...

but im trying to understand what ur friends are asking you to do...

what else can u get on ur car thats "altezza" other than the badge? decals? spoiler?(midwing)...?

i think they mean "JDM tails", JDM headlights, JDM spoiler, or JDM something you know? thats telling you to get altezza stuff is like saying "hey jason im getting some Type R tailights for my GSR"...doesnt sound right...but yeah. the 2 cars are almost completely different. both owned by toyota, but different cars. u wont find many altezzas in U.S.

also, you said:
"i hear ppl sayi i want altezza this altezza that whats so good about it?"
there is nothing really BETTER abotu jdm parts, just looks a lot better, and u draw more attention. but be prepared to shell out $$$ =D

have fun!

-Aaron
good luck, hope u find out what u really need.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys u all have been a great help. i understand now what th edifference is.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
At least you can make drivers' heads turn toward your car when they see the badge :lol: :lol: :lol: making them jealous, you know :p

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are a lot of little things that are completely different...
In japan they have non-smoking editions where instead of an ash tray you get a coin tray.
In japan the altezza's come factory with a top storage compartment or navigation, where over here its either navigation or an open flat area to put misc stuff in. T
he bumpers are different also, we have corner lenses where over in japan the only reflectors an altezza has is in the middle of the front fenders...
The grills are completely different (badges also)
The steering wheels are different and the gauge cluster is different...
just alot of small misc pieces are different.

Basically over here a Lexus IS300 is more of a Luxury car, but in Japan an Toyota Altezza is more a common class car... better than a civic but not in a luxury category.

Go to www.japanparts.com there is some authentic altezza parts on there.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts

are not... only the badge is different.. I would know.. I have an OEM Altezza grill from Japan..

·
Registered
11 Posts
AZNHYPNOTIQ said:

are not... only the badge is different.. I would know.. I have an OEM Altezza grill from Japan..
haha yea so do I but the plasitic mesh is different... not the grill itself.

·
Banned
468 Posts
the altezza is faster stock than the IS

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Tarik said:
the altezza is faster stock than the IS
Of course you would think so.

It's actually slower.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Mazdaspeed said:
The Altezza and IS300 were among the first cars to use the distinctive rear light housing.
I'm glad Toyota did something unique and revolutionary for once but my god what a shit storm it turned out to be. 99.9% of cars I see with "Altezza taillights" make me want to puke until I die.

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
wait till you see a v10 ford 250 superduty pickup with tezza lights and SPINNERS !

haha.. I laugh when I see that truck out here in the company PL.

non-IS/altezza cars with altezza lights = ghey
pickups/suv's with tezza lights = travesty!

BTW AMA...u might want to use the search button a lil more.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
3 different altezza out there in Japan

Altezza (SXE-10) 6 speed about 220 ps/149 ft/tq (kinda like s2000 feeling, no torque)
is200 sucky ass 160ps

they do not have is300, but their sportcross is the same just like the US spec 2jzge engine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts