Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm actually tired of asking. No one's replied to either of my threads and the current thread that is out... *shrug*

Right now, it doesn't seem as though anything is going on. Tony must be reviewing all of the entries or something...

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Jeesh, you guys are impatient. Deadline for entries was last night. I'm going through the entries and setting up something to vote with...

------------------
Tony
'01 Stock Spectra Blue
'94 12psi Turbo Miata

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
WHAT LOGO i am NEW HERE!! HELP ME !!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I personally like the "IS300.NET" logo you guys have on the website. I think it would be fitting to represent for our cars and this cool site all in one. (just cut it on white vinyl lettering paper) None of that stupid comic booky, riced out japanese logos!
No offense guys, but thats cool if you wanna do that on your own time. We should conform to the site logo.
Simple is better!!!

Rich.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
we are voting on a new logo soon. we had guys submit their ideas and we will have a vote to see what our new logo will be. after that...we may start making plate frames, stickers, shirts, underwear, hats, keychains, pens, stationary, mugs, calendars, matchbooks, lighters, pot holders, shoes, and whatever you can think of...
just use your imagination...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Originally posted by rarjoon:
I personally like the "IS300.NET" logo you guys have on the website. I think it would be fitting to represent for our cars and this cool site all in one. (just cut it on white vinyl lettering paper) None of that stupid comic booky, riced out japanese logos!
No offense guys, but thats cool if you wanna do that on your own time. We should conform to the site logo.
Simple is better!!!

Rich.
and what may I ask is a "Riced out Japanese logo" ???

:p

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
IS300.net Rubbers!
It's gotta be ribbed.

------------------
White Diamond IS300

·
Registered
511 Posts
You wanna see riced out... check out those previously submitted logos... half of them are in japanese or of japanese origin?? Spare me then kiddie logos please.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think I was the only/first one to add the katakana for "Lexus" in my very first logo submission. I disagree with you in that just because it has katakana in it, that it is a "kiddie" logo. With its Altezza roots, an IS300 logo with japanese characters should not seem unusual. I don't mean to start a war, I just had to speak up in defense of my work

Ok, I think I know what you are referring to now...a few people posted logos using the Hattori (or similar) font. It is english characters with an asian style to them....yeah, I agree with you there

[This message has been edited by EYE_S (edited January 16, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Why the hell are you guys bothering to argue over something like "oh this logo is ricey and childish?" You get to vote on it...voice your opinion that way...no one is forcing you to buy the stuff either...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hey, Eye_S:

If it's any consolation... I thought your logo rocked!

Scott.

------------------
...yet another proud owner of a fully loaded Graphite Gray Pearl '01 IS300

·
Registered
79 Posts
"kiddie logos" That sounds like a statement made out of slight ignorance. Almost as good as "Only kids play Video Games" Oh yeah, I get it. ALL japanese are kids. Remember we are looking for a logo that is "sufficiently radical"

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
IS300.net Rubbers!
The only thing with that is, according to some owners in here, they should be about 2 feet long!

I think the logo should be classy, simple and with a slight edge. This site is for a Lexus not for modded civics. Thus I have submitted a design of my own. Remeber to vote for me people...
...that's j-u-n-e-d-o-g!

------------------
MAD

[This message has been edited by junedog (edited January 17, 2001).]

·
11,061 Posts
IS300.net Rubbers!
What's it got to do with erasers?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. I was born in England and that is the term for an eraser over there.)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Sheila...lol.

Just like in the UK "lifts" are elevators.
Here in California, "lifts" are what crazy image-obsessed women think they must have done to their faces.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts