Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay when i saw the price on the REAL JDM CWEST BODY KIT for the is300 i was shocked... the front eye lid on one side cost US $200+. the whole kit went for over $10,000 with shipping and the paint you desire.... but i mean you can get the same FIBER GLASS C-West imitation kit, the side front and rear for about 500 dollars and probably do a 500+ paint job on it to make it match your car color. maybe trimming might be required since its imitation but cmon its not gonna get up to 10,000. I mean lets say you get a CRAZY paint job on it .... gonna cost you what.... 2000 max? just for the kit? and intallation maybe 1000 at most.

So my question is... whats the difference between the REAL Cwest and the imitation if its molded and painted correctly? would the naked eye be able to tell at all?

·
Registered
584 Posts
fitment is the major issue with the real vs fake c-west kits, and real c-west kits only cost about 1500$ and i got my genuine c-west eyelids for 150$ for the pair. might want to recheck your prices....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sounds like you're paying for overnight air freight for the kit. Otherwise, you're getting ripped off big time.

nrkht said:
okay when i saw the price on the REAL JDM CWEST BODY KIT for the is300 i was shocked... the front eye lid on one side cost US $200+. the whole kit went for over $10,000 with shipping and the paint you desire.... but i mean you can get the same FIBER GLASS C-West imitation kit, the side front and rear for about 500 dollars and probably do a 500+ paint job on it to make it match your car color. maybe trimming might be required since its imitation but cmon its not gonna get up to 10,000. I mean lets say you get a CRAZY paint job on it .... gonna cost you what.... 2000 max? just for the kit? and intallation maybe 1000 at most.

So my question is... whats the difference between the REAL Cwest and the imitation if its molded and painted correctly? would the naked eye be able to tell at all?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I suggest that you find another formula for converting yen to dollars, because the one you have is broken.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
CRB said:
I suggest that you find another formula for converting yen to dollars, because the one you have is broken.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It shouldn't be more than $1500 for everything. As for the fakes, the fitament will ALWAYS suck. It almost always cost more to mod them to fix then had you bought the originals. I just say save up.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wxman said:
CRB said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It shouldn't be more than $1500 for everything. As for the fakes, the fitament will ALWAYS suck. It almost always cost more to mod them to fix then had you bought the originals. I just say save up.
this other guy told me its total of around $2000 for the paint and installation with the kit. I WANNA KNOW WHERE i can get it painted and the kit for 1500!!! i wanna get it asap! b4 febuary! lol :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aight so i got this team that is sponosored by extreme dimention and is willing to get me a pretty decent imitation cwest kit for 400 and since its local i can proabbly pick and thus elimination shipping. when i checked the legit kit from CWEST on motorex it was for about 1800not including hood and eyelids and tail covers. so besides the fitment... .would the 1800 look better if i got the same PAINT JOB on it? and also what material is the real CWEST kit? is it utherine or fiberglass? or something MORE special? lol

also im pretty sure with ...1800-400= $1400 i could shave and cut and fit it perfectly from a good body shop and get it painted and installed... am i right?

just my only concern is .... if it will look as good as the real cwest.
CUZ I DONT WANT MY LEXUS TO LOOK LIKE A PIECE Of shit honda 92 civic that got a body kit painted with a paint can from walmart.... that barley fits on and rattles from the bouncing of the crappy springs it has ... lol

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
nrkht said:
aight so i got this team that is sponosored by extreme dimention and is willing to get me a pretty decent imitation cwest kit for 400 and since its local i can proabbly pick and thus elimination shipping. when i checked the legit kit from CWEST on motorex it was for about 1800not including hood and eyelids and tail covers. so besides the fitment... .would the 1800 look better if i got the same PAINT JOB on it? and also what material is the real CWEST kit? is it utherine or fiberglass? or something MORE special? lol

also im pretty sure with ...1800-400= $1400 i could shave and cut and fit it perfectly from a good body shop and get it painted and installed... am i right?

just my only concern is .... if it will look as good as the real cwest.
CUZ I DONT WANT MY LEXUS TO LOOK LIKE A PIECE Of sh*t honda 92 civic that got a body kit painted with a paint can from walmart.... that barley fits on and rattles from the bouncing of the crappy springs it has ... lol
Nothing personal, but almost single person that you ask on says don't get an imitation and you are still thinking about it. It is your choice and it is your car. I would not recommend going immitation because the fitament will suck.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i have the c west replica!!

IT SUX!!!!!!!!!!

i mean from far away it looks good because i never hit it or anything, but the fitment and quality as everyone says is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiity

i had to cut my replica in about 4 pieces and fiberglass it back together :pissed: to get it to fit right, now it fits almost perfect but to anyone who knows bout IS300's will see its a replica, also with install on the replica by the time u finish it you will have payed almost the same amount as buying the JDM kit........ :eek:

i just ordered myreal JDM c west for 1700 and i am happy i did, you mihgt have to wait a lil longer to get it but i say have patients and wait for it

·
Registered
584 Posts
the real one is worth it, yeah the wait sucks, but it all pays off in the end. and the real c-west is fiberglass.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay i've decided to order the real cwest kit. i lost all my faith in these replicas. loll okay so the cwest kit at http://www.i-m-racing.com/cwesbodkitis.html is about $1700 im guessing with shipping.

http://www.motorex.net/cwest.html sells em for $2000 ish with shipping. im pretty sure these dont come painted. how much is paint and installation around that is reall good.

by the way anyone know a good body shop in southern cali?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts