Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what everyone thought is the best product for cleaning your wheels and tires?
Which tire product keeps it's shine the longest? im guessing black magic?
lemme know thanks

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Your favorite car soap + warm water + soft wash mit = Clean Shine!! :D

·
8,880 Posts
DO NOT try armor-all. :pissed:
No, not like the guy that skid into a tree.
The armor-all wheel cleaner will take out a coat of paint on the calipers (2001 model).

G

·
0 Posts
vlad_a said:
DO NOT try armor-all. :pissed:
No, not like the guy that skid into a tree.
The armor-all wheel cleaner will take out a coat of paint on the calipers (2001 model).
meguriers wheel cleaner takes the paint off the calipers too. :(

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Wheel Cleaning:
A2Z All Wheel & Tire Cleaner is by far the best wheel cleaner I've ever used. Spray on --> Soak for a few --> followed by soap & water (if needed, often I don't if wheel isn't too dirty).

Tire shine:
Turtle Wax's Formula 2001. For best results, apply on tire (sometimes two coats) and let sit for several hours and if you want, apply another coat and it shines VERY well. People often ask what I use on my tires.

NOTE: I've used several products in my days. I've been using A2Z for the past few years (since I wash quite often, I don't use wheel cleaner at every wash) and Formula 2001 since 1993.

Silicon based products looks nice if applied correctly but attracts dust/dirt easily and doesn't come off too well after being wet (in my experience).

I'll post pics after my wash today. :wink:

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Your favorite car soap + warm water + soft wash mit = Clean Shine!! :D

I also forgot to add the "Turtle Wax Tire Gel" with sponge application turns my sidewalls into Black glass :) 8)

Joe Z

Photo Courtesy of "the Don"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts