Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. I also own a Lotus Elise and the IS is to be my daily driver. I am also considering a BMW 335i.

I want to know what's the best price possible for a IS350? I will take mine with the sport package.

Any info appreciated.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
If you don't mind a 2007 model... a saleman was telling me Lexus is giving $10,000 incentives on 2007 IS350's. They also had a crazy low interest rate if you got the car for 4 years and put atleast $4300 down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy! For 10,000$ off I can easily live with a 2007!

I'll inquire with my dealer. What dealer told you that?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Well I was at Ken Shaw Lexus... but I think these incentives are being offered by Lexus Canada... not individual dealerships.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
The dealers can also throw in their own incentives. I'll offer that if it's going to be your daily driver and you already have a dedicated sports car,....get NAV & ML, you won't regret it,....trust me, it's not just finding your way or how great 5.1 audio can sound in a car,....it's the extras that come with them. If you want it lower, throw on some Eibachs and Bilsteins and you're there with the best of both worlds. Now the '08 is a little different because Lexus "stiffened" the electronic steering to add more "feel",......:)

·
Registered
159 Posts
The dealers can also throw in their own incentives. I'll offer that if it's going to be your daily driver and you already have a dedicated sports car,....get NAV & ML, you won't regret it,....trust me, it's not just finding your way or how great 5.1 audio can sound in a car,....it's the extras that come with them. If you want it lower, throw on some Eibachs and Bilsteins and you're there with the best of both worlds. Now the '08 is a little different because Lexus "stiffened" the electronic steering to add more "feel",......:)
hell yea!, ML and Nav ROCK!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now the '08 is a little different because Lexus "stiffened" the electronic steering to add more "feel",......:)
Is there anything else different with the 08?

I read that the electro-nannies can be turned off. Does that cure the understeer all magazines talk about?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
?!?!?!? :confused:

For 2008 they carved out the back of the front seats to give more leg room. There's a new finish of wheels available. They also stiffened up the steering.

I don't think there were any changes made that would affect the handling characteristics of the car.

I believe the change that allowed people to turn off the VDIM without the pedal dance happened in 2007.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Is there anything else different with the 08?

I read that the electro-nannies can be turned off. Does that cure the understeer all magazines talk about?
Now you just hold the button in for about five seconds.

You're in for a big surprise when you turn off the nannies, the IS is a different animal untethered!!!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I was dealing with a client that was very interested in the IS250 rwd, he was just pricing them out. Yesterday the Sales manager of Ken shaw contacted me to inform me of the interest rate dropping.

If you want to finance, i would definatly do what crester mentioned about the 4 years and the downpayment.

and like clubfoot said, they have there own incentives they can toss in.

I can refer you to the GM or the Sales manager, when your ready and if you want to deal with ken shaw.

Anyway SHOW SOME PICS OF THE ELISE!! damn that car must be fun to drive!

oh yea and WELCOME!

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Cars, electronics, etc. always get cheaper with time... but the thing is if you wait... it'll no longer be the "latest" thing. To some people that's very important!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I didn't know Bilstein make shocks for the 2IS? any link?
thanks
the F sport Shocks that are going to be available through Lexus are made by bilstein.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... the F-Sport shocks are made by Bilstein.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts