Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advice from someone with a little experience in this field... whats the best setup?

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Check out www.nitrousexpress.com many have used this setup and it has worked wonders....I am running the NX Ntercooler kit and their product speaks for itself....
-Matt

·
Registered
387 Posts
lovnlex

I have to agree with unvme on this nitrous express has definately been the kit of choice among those who have put nitrous on their cars. you will be able to find alot of info on this particular subject and the gains people have experienced by doing a search on nitrous express. It will help you pick the right accessories and all of the things you need to do a good installation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked n-express out. Looks good and I spent some time reading some reveiws on it. Another one that people say is good is the Vennoum 1000. Have you known anyone who has used it? It has alot of good safety features for about the same price. What do you think?

·
Registered
290 Posts
yea i would have to agree with these guys..nitrous express is the best system..my friend is running a 75 shot in his RSX-s and he has had no problems and he has had it in there for almost 6 months...goodluck :D

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
UnVme said:
Check out www.nitrousexpress.com many have used this setup and it has worked wonders....I am running the NX Ntercooler kit and their product speaks for itself....
-Matt
I visited their website and could not find any detailed description of how the "Ntercooler" works. I have a good guess...it somehow adds the N20 into the intercooler. Could someone enlighten me and offer more detail?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have a 75 n/x shot and its a very very good kit...i highly recommend it...im not sure as far as who else makes kits specifically for our cars...but definatley the safe way to go is to get the nitrous express kit...umm i might be selling my kit however, so if you want it PM me later...(might be going turbo)

·
Registered
387 Posts
redline814 said:
UnVme said:
-Matt
I visited their website and could not find any detailed description of how the "Ntercooler" works. I have a good guess...it somehow adds the N20 into the intercooler. Could someone enlighten me and offer more detail?

Thanks
the Ntercooler sprays nitrous directly on the outside of the intercooler to help supercool the intake charge. It does not introduce any nitrous into the engine. All it does is help cool the intake charge, the same thing can be accomplished with co2. In fact dei makes a kit that uses co2 to help cool the intake charge their website is www.designengineering.com

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
bluelex said:
redline814 said:
UnVme said:
-Matt

Thanks
the Ntercooler sprays nitrous directly on the outside of the intercooler to help supercool the intake charge. It does not introduce any nitrous into the engine. All it does is help cool the intake charge, the same thing can be accomplished with co2. In fact dei makes a kit that uses co2 to help cool the intake charge their website is www.designengineering.com
Ohh...so, I was off a bit. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
15 Posts
JDMIS300 said:
I have a 75 n/x shot and its a very very good kit...i highly recommend it...im not sure as far as who else makes kits specifically for our cars...but definatley the safe way to go is to get the nitrous express kit...umm i might be selling my kit however, so if you want it PM me later...(might be going turbo)
so wut kit do u have exactly from n/x..i really want to get one before i boost...thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
If your a nitrous n00b go buy the zex kit its probably the safest one out of the box especially fi you dont know what you are doing.

Personally i have used, Zex, NOS, and NX and i dont see a difference in any of them people say well when NX says its 75shot its 75 to the rear wheels ok thats easy you run jets for a 100 shot with zex or NOS and bam 75 at the rear wheels..... Ive noticed with all of them ive ended up using NOS cylinoids cause the NX and the ZEX went out pretty fast and the NOS ones last forever.

In short they are all pretty much the same one isnt better then the other and if you think it is then i ask the simple question Can you prove it?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
buy the zex if u are installing it urself. it is easy and safe. the NX will give u more power to the wheels. The venom 1000 kit is built specifically for the SUpra, so it would be the closest kit to our car. any nitrous kit installed right with safety features and proper use would be safe. gl

1 - 12 of 12 Posts