Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have heard only "o.k." reviews on the PLP
what do you guys suggest and where can i buy. thanks!

Imran

ps: keep in mind I have the PLP kit

·
Registered
212 Posts
This has already been discussed. The majority of people recommend the TRD and it has apparently been dyno-proven over the others.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Weapon-R is the best. Lowest cost, most HP gain.

Some people have good dyno results with the "no-name" intakes on eBay too, but the Weapon-R's are even better.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Weapon R !?

Weapon R=Weapon RETARDED

most folks who have had these have said they SUCK....take yer chances.... great stuff if you run a civic or mitsu....i guess..

stick with Blitz or Toms / Trd drop ins for Stock airboxes... there is always the PLP/ Trueflow "twins" as well...

going aftermarket intake ... prolly best to stick withthe filter that comes with what you got... but basically as long as the measurements are right any filter can work on any tube type intake...Injen/ AEM/ K&N/Stillen/RMM
I know there are several K&N's that will work on a SRT

supposedly in a test recently the Apexi cone shaped air filgter was the BEST by FAR at filtering dirt & flowing MOst air Vs such highly hyped models as Blitz, HKS, & several others.... i was impressed but they do not currently have one to fit the SRT or i would try it.....

edG

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
edgy said:
Weapon R !?

Weapon R=Weapon RETARDED

most folks who have had these have said they SUCK....take yer chances.... great stuff if you run a civic or mitsu....i guess..

stick with Blitz or Toms / Trd drop ins for Stock airboxes... there is always the PLP/ Trueflow "twins" as well...

going aftermarket intake ... prolly best to stick withthe filter that comes with what you got... but basically as long as the measurements are right any filter can work on any tube type intake...Injen/ AEM/ K&N/Stillen/RMM
I know there are several K&N's that will work on a SRT

supposedly in a test recently the Apexi cone shaped air filgter was the BEST by FAR at filtering dirt & flowing MOst air Vs such highly hyped models as Blitz, HKS, & several others.... i was impressed but they do not currently have one to fit the SRT or i would try it.....

edG
Whaaaaaaat?! Weapon-R is the bomb-diggity mang! Highest HP gains, and it's one of the cheapest intakes! Do a search! You don't know what you're talking about!

digitalimran, get a Weapon-R!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Dont forget you gotta clean the TRD filter. I forget where to get a cleaning kit. And dont buy one from your lexus dealer, they OVERCHARGE! :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts