Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
they say anywhere from 1,000 to 1,500. Yet that only is true for older people who don't drive that much. I have 14,200 and i have had the car since august. I also put 4,000 miles on in 1 week. Drove from florida to new york. I think there shouldn't be an average milege, because everybody puts different mileage on in 1 year. It is really hard to tell. Then again people have more than one car.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I read that wrong the first time. We put on about 400 per month. I agree that there isn't an average suitable for everyone.

[ May 03, 2001: Message edited by: Kompressor ]

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Auto ins co and dealers say 1k per month is where it should be in CA! other states are diff!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
"should" sounds funny... I guess you are talking about leases, but the fact is you drive as much as you drive.

It doesn't matter to the car (much) when you rack up your miles. The car should still have the 30k service in 6 months if you drive 5k per month or in 3 years if you drive 1k per month.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did about 2000 miles in a month...
I feel I am doing pretty good..my last car I did over 3000 in a month, thats was just driving around NYC

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, .. my car is not on a lease, It's paid for .. over with done! .. But I don't want to put lots of miles oni t, considering the fast that I will have my IS for 4 to 5 years .. and I want to keep the miles down to a reasonable amount. I have other cars that I can drive, so I was just wondering what is a reasonable amount noting the fact I will have the car for 4 or 5 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts