Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know this is extremely premature...but are there any rumours flyin' around for the 2003 model? Of course everyone would obviuosly like to see a ton of improvements....like upgraded hp/torque, an armrest etc etc.......man, I'm just so curious. By the time I save enough money for the IS, the 2003 model should be out.

Hoping to read some posts soon!

3rdegree

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Originally posted by 3rdegree:
like upgraded hp/torque
i certainly hope we get some more power
even still - the manual tranny in 02 should help the rwhp...plus the armrest also comes available in 02...maybe in 03 we'll see the IS320 or 330 with an upgraded inline 6 engine.....or maybe a faux "toyota supra" turbo IS300 engine setup...we got the right base motor (with a few mods)

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: scoot557 ]

·
11,061 Posts
Lotsa rumors...even ones about convertibles and coupes...haven't heard anything substantial though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
just like what sheila said i heard a rumor of the coupe coming out in 03. But don't know if thats actually true.

·
Registered
684 Posts
3rdegree,

I'm also awaiting the "2003" model with you. It will be worth the wait.With the extra HP & Torque + a new stereo, improved NAV system,... Just think September "2002", It's tough, but I'm going to be patient.I just got my winter truck, so I'll be garaging the IS300 for the winters.

·
Registered
193 Posts
What I heard was 600HP, twin turbo, HID reverse lights, 19" wheels, and a new steel silver color w/ orange metal flake.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Todd...600HP wow!! specially from a 36k car!! you forgot to mention the seat vibrators, headrest tv's, dual exhuast, rear fog light, and the played out lil lights under the windsheild washer nozzles!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by Todd:
What I heard was 600HP, twin turbo, HID reverse lights, 19" wheels, and a new steel silver color w/ orange metal flake.
I'm sold. Although I doubt it will be 600hp. If our car comes stock with a turbo I would definately sell my IS and get the new one. Even if I loose a few grand in the process, it'll be worth it.

[ July 12, 2001: Message edited by: digitalfreq ]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
600HP...Great!

Speaking of glowing green light under the chasis, does anyone out there wish those civics in fast and the furious were replaced by is300's?! Damn!! I know it's a little of topic.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Better to risk the civics in that stunt than the IS300's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by 3rdegree:
600HP...Great!

Speaking of glowing green light under the chasis, does anyone out there wish those civics in fast and the furious were replaced by is300's?! Damn!! I know it's a little of topic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back to reality people. Knowing Lex, we will see body styles to compete with the BMW lineup...And more refinement. Several auto sites and mags have reported that an '03 IS coupe will be available.

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD><FONT SIZE=-1>
On 2002-01-12 10:52, BigFellaAdam wrote:
Were IS300's out at the time of the filming of The Fast and The Furious???
</FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD COLSPAN=2><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The altezza/is200 were already out when The Fast and the Furious was made, but not the IS300. I remember we had a meet at The Block in Irvine when the movie came out and we went to see the movie. This happened just a few months after I got my IS3.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
let's get the facts straight here.. i think you guys are being WAYYYY too optimistic about 2003 model. I haven't heard anything about power upgrades nor car model changes. I beileve they will probably have a same car with more options and little toys and such.
and as IS300 coupe goes.. if you guys knew what IS stands for, you wouldn't be expecting it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts