Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm new to the board and from Vancouver... currently I drive a 2003 Mini Cooper S JCW but got married in October and hoping to get into something larger (relatively).

I love the new IS series and especially now with the new pricing $31.9k starting. Good thing I didn't buy an 08 Jetta GLI!!

My mate has a 07 IS 350 and it's just sick! I've got a few questions:

1) What's the best price OTD for a "no option" 08 IS 250?
2) Vancouver: What dealer do you recommend?
3) Which options would you get for best value/future resale? (I wish the moonroof was available as a seperate option)
4) Is resale for Lexus good in general? How about for the 2nd gen IS models?
5) Do we expect more aftermarket support in the future? or not likely? (a chip/reflash would be nice)
6) Auto vs. Manual: I really like the DSG in the VAG cars, is the Lexus auto w/shift paddles similar? better or worse?

Thanks everyone...
Hoping to be in an IS soon. Kudos to Toyota/Lexus for stepping up and matching US prices :loveit:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey 155 welcome to the board. Actually, I'm a newbie too so someone else would probably be more helpful.

1. not sure of the best price, but when you find out let me know cause I'm looking too.
2. ?
3. I'd say at the very least get the package with leather, rims and moonroof. HID is great too but some people just install it separately aftermarket. That pretty much means everything except the sport pkg.
4. Resale for Lexus is among the highest if I'm not mistaken.
5. Lexus just came out with their own F-tune to support customization. I wouldn't expect too much from the aftermarket, especially not honda/acura level.
6. I like manual, but make sure the wife knows how to drive it in case she needs to borrow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hi 155, i guess i could answer some of your questions, as i own a 07 VW GLi and a stock 250 (which i am still waiting)

1) no sure over in your province, but b4 the MSRP reduction, there is like 3k markup. start from there, negotiate $1000 atleast. but not sure how much mark up the new reduce MSRP has.
2) sorry, i am from Toronto
3)
4)
5) I am also waiting for a chip upgrade too ;)
6) to be honest, the 6 speed auto can't compare to the DSG, no where close.
i bought the auto becoz my wife can't drive stick. DSG shift instanly, while the lexus still require some delay, its still a automatic afterall. especially for the IS, when you put it to manual, the display show 4th gear, instead of 1st, don't know why, but the paddle shifter looks better on the IS. if you want power comparable to your previous car, get the 350 then....

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Free.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a deposit on mine right now. Its a manual in a X package. I was able to get the freight and PDI included the price with the December to remember event. I shopped between Open road (Port Moody ) and Regency. I ended up with Regency. Sales rep name is John. Good guy. He seems to be flat out honest with you. Both dealerships have the base manuals sitting on the lot, but they are not moving. I honestly think you maybe able to get one for below $30K. Great price for a lexus.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
What equipment are you getting in this $30K Lexus? Is this like the absolute base model? 16" rims... cloth seats... no moonroof?

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
hmm I wonder how much I would get an IS250 with my toyota discount.

Imma go talk to them next week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What equipment are you getting in this $30K Lexus? Is this like the absolute base model? 16" rims... cloth seats... no moonroof?
Yes, this would be the base IS. The dealers here can't seem to move them. Steal cheaper than a TSX or a Jetta.

I'm in line for the X package including the all season floor mats for just under $39K thats with the 5500 rebate in December.

·
Registered
1 Posts
woot first post

So lexus doesn't move alot on pricing? im looking to trade up to a is350 from a mazda 3 in the summer

i'll check out regency!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FMJIS: Hey thanks for the comments!

I actually drove an IS250 automatic and OMG it's NOT even close to a DSG transmission. The power also felt quite anemic for this calibre of vehicle. I'm hoping the 6 spd will be better but won't have the luxury of test driving one until there's one in the lot No one stocks the 6spd models at they're a tough sell.

Thanks for the tip on the price. I figured about $3k markup... With the revised pricing, the IS250 is very appealing. Cheaper then a VW GLI!!

hi 155, i guess i could answer some of your questions, as i own a 07 VW GLi and a stock 250 (which i am still waiting)

1) no sure over in your province, but b4 the MSRP reduction, there is like 3k markup. start from there, negotiate $1000 atleast. but not sure how much mark up the new reduce MSRP has.
2) sorry, i am from Toronto
3)
4)
5) I am also waiting for a chip upgrade too ;)
6) to be honest, the 6 speed auto can't compare to the DSG, no where close.
i bought the auto becoz my wife can't drive stick. DSG shift instanly, while the lexus still require some delay, its still a automatic afterall. especially for the IS, when you put it to manual, the display show 4th gear, instead of 1st, don't know why, but the paddle shifter looks better on the IS. if you want power comparable to your previous car, get the 350 then....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a deposit on mine right now. Its a manual in a X package. I was able to get the freight and PDI included the price with the December to remember event. I shopped between Open road (Port Moody ) and Regency. I ended up with Regency. Sales rep name is John. Good guy. He seems to be flat out honest with you. Both dealerships have the base manuals sitting on the lot, but they are not moving. I honestly think you maybe able to get one for below $30K. Great price for a lexus.
Sounds like you got a great deal there!

I live about 5 minutes away from Regency so I popped by and had a chat with the British fellow (can't remember his name). He was moderately helpful but unfortunately they did not have a car to drive at the time. He did say to return in March as they had one on order to drive...

I'm really not in a rush and most likely would factory order my car so it give me time to sell the Cooper S.

Did you see the cloth interior of the base model? What were your impressions?
How long was your from the time you placed your deposit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts