1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sony 38xbr800

34inch widescreen high deff

just got mine 2 monthes ago, best picture ive ever seen bar none

runs about $$2500 though

samsung makes a cheapo 30inch hdtv widescreen for about 900 bucks.. may want to look into that if your budget is smaller

-Chuck

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Trovador said:
I have a Sony Wega 36''. DVD/Games look quite good. You can find very good deals on older models.
I find the Panasonic Tau series has better picture quality and it is cheaper.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
I have had my Panasonic 35" TV since 1995 and its been absolutely perfect. IMHO..far better than Sony. It's not even Flat Screen or HDTV. I'd say Panasonic is a good choice.. Im sure there newer products are pretty good too!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Any large screen (32" and up) direct-view (tube) set is going to be huge and heavy. Panasonic Taus are cheaper, that I agree with. IMO Sony's have the name(worthless) and a better picture(worthwhile), especially the HDTV picture if you actually have an HDTV source to look at. The XBR Sony sets are made in Japan if that means anything to you. Go to a big name appliance store and look at the pictures and let your eyes and your wallet decide.

I have a 35" Sony circa 1996 that has had zero problems and still looks great. I kind of wish it would go south, so I could justify springing for the 40" XBR behemoth.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
The WEGA XBR series are really good. However, I'm not sure if it is worth the premium over the Panasonic Tau series.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
9 Participants
uberchuckie
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing