Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
haven't u learned yet? is300's are perfect cars, and if u find a flaw, ur dead meat

one of the admins might even resolve your ip down to your company and post it for all to see

·
Registered
994 Posts
Dislike:
- the soft paint
- the poorer gas mileage
- the lack of a navigation system
- the lack of a manual transmission
- the fact that you have to get the LP package to get the LSD in California (unless you custom order and wait forever)
- the cup holder--I lost the plastic divider in mine. A fancier non-detachable one, like those in Mercedes'es would be nice.
- the coin holder--it allows for the coins to make rattling noises, and isn't really good for anything except quarters.
- the lack of an auto-dimming mirror--haven't really noticed a need for one, but every luxury sedan should have one.
- the armrest. it's too low to be usable.
- the lack of one-touch up/down on the passenger window.

- the way it handles
- the way it brakes
- the way it gets attention from other drivers--people move out of their lanes to let you pass more often for some reason.
- the HID headlights
- the factory fog lights
- the 6-cd in-dash stereo
- the leather/ecsaine seats
- the 17" alloys
- the exhaust sound when you accelerate

--k

[This message has been edited by chiem (edited October 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
heh

So it seems that everything you like about your IS is either paralleled or surpassed by the CL Type-S.

And to top it off.. almost everything you don't like that isnt included in your IS... is included in the CL.

No offense to you... just makin a point...

·
Registered
38 Posts
you know when a beautiful woman passes by you do a double take or a second glance to get a better look. the is300 gets those kinds of looks. the cl-s doesn't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't know if its just me, but I think the IS looks about a million times better than the CL-s

opinion
obviously

but that's the one thing that made me want this car more than any other one

just making a point

heh

·
Registered
250 Posts
I typically stay out of this type of contest, because the only person who should really care about which car I chose is me. But I will admit that the CL-S was on my original list of possibilities (about 10 cars as I recall). I test drove the car (twice as a matter of fact) and it did not make round one on my list for various reasons that I won't bother to elaborate on in the interest of avoiding escallation.

On to the nit picking list. The lack of a manual and more power is huge to me, but I bought the car anyway - first auto in a looooong time - but I digress - back to the real nits.

1 - auto open/close for driver window and roof only
2 - key off power to driver window and roof only
3 - option availability
4 - the front seat interogation lamp where there should be map lights
5 - memory seats

Terry

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Looks
Smooth engine
Smooth shifting transmission
Smooth ride
Great Stock Stereo
Comfortable, supportive seats
Steering Feel
Features (HID, Moonroof, ABS, EBD, etc.)
Paint Color (Graphite Gray in my case)
4 doors - rear wheel drive
Compact dimensions - fits "compact" parking spaces.
Torsen Limited Slip Differential
Generally fun to drive yet comfortable

Dislikes:

Poor gas mileage
Acceleration marginal (compared to cars like Audi S4, Maxima)
Un-Lexus like problems - spongey brakes, bubbling bridgestone tires, paint chips.
Very high dealer markup (%)
Controversial rear tail-lights (I see all the knock-offs on various Hondas all the time)
Feeling disdain from BMW owners who think this car is a blatant rip off.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Top five dislikes:

5. Fuel economy (relative to the GS300)
4. Semi-automatic climate control
3. Lack of adjustable lumbar support
2. Weak compression damping
1. All those other-car-owners that for whatever reason are irritated by the IS to the extent that they feel compelled to convince us why our opinions/anecdotes must be wrong/false and why their cars must be better.

Unfortunately, my #1 dislike is a human problem and not anything we can ask Lexus to solve. I can only hope that these other-car-owners will eventually feel good enough about their own cars to simply enjoy them without having to convince others of anything. Perhaps then will they be empowered enough to seek out like-minded enjoyers and be able to participate in the kind of camaraderie that American hot-rodders, import tuners, Miata cultists, German-car pilots, and now IS300 enthusiasts, share.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Dislikes
- sort of uncomfortable rides, but then again this is suppose to be a sports sedan.
- short tire life. Again, a trade off for performance
- road noise. Maybe a bit more sound damping material?

I do have to say that you people should stop complaining about the gas mileage. This is not an engine known for fuel economy. And the GS DOES NOT get better mileage than IS, how many times do I have to mention this. You are talking about a car that is near 3K rpm at 70mph, how are you suppose to get good mileage from that?

[From TEG: There are LOTS of other cars that do 3K+ RPM in 5th at 70MPH and get way better highway mileage... ]

[This message has been edited by TEG (edited October 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
994 Posts
Originally posted by soopa:
So it seems that everything you like about your IS is either paralleled or surpassed by the CL Type-S.
Wrong. I don't like the way the CLS looks. I don't like the way it handles. I don't like the way it brakes. I don't like the fact that it isn't rear-wheel drive. I don't like its length. I don't like its exhaust sound.

Originally posted by soopa:
And to top it off.. almost everything you don't like that isnt included in your IS... is included in the CL.
I do like the interior of the CLS though, particularly the navigation system and the sunglass holders. If the IS had these two features, it'd be perfect for me.

--k

·
Registered
323 Posts
i dont like the rear view mirrors after you wash the car. they hold as much water as hoover dam. and when u drive off, woo hoo, water spots galore!!!! i love the sound system and the driveability of the car. i feel like one with the car. very comfotable car and agile.

mike

·
Registered
354 Posts
Like? It's quick, smooth, great looking and fun to drive. Also, still relatively rare, even here in Los Angeles.
Dislike? Lack of center arm-rest...passenger's window lacks one-touch up/down...no auto-dimming rearview mirror...back seat leg room...daytime running lights.

·
Registered
115 Posts
DISLIKES

Afraid It's to Asian for a LEXUS, ARMREST HATE THAT, Can use a little more luxury like the 323ci ****'s phat I have 3 friends who have it very nice but also 10,000 more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts