Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
C63, definitely, but not in that color. I'm only in my thirties, maybe when I'm much older the CLK would be more appealing to me. Both very nice cars tho. I enjoy that aggressive look of the C63.

Don't switch now Mo!

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
C63, definitely, but not in that color. I'm only in my thirties, maybe when I'm much older the CLK would be more appealing to me. Both very nice cars tho. I enjoy that aggressive look of the C63.

Don't switch now Mo!
:lol:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I'd take the C, personally.

A co-worker recently got a CLS63 with whatever they call the performance package (comes with big red calipers, etc) and after having a ride recently, it's a true muscle car.

How come the C doesn't come with the biturbo V8 like the CLS, and presumably the higher-end models?

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

A co-worker recently got a CLS63 with whatever they call the performance package (comes with big red calipers, etc) and after having a ride recently, it's a true muscle car.

How come the C doesn't come with the biturbo V8 like the CLS, and presumably the higher-end models?
The C chassis and gearbox couldn't take the torque the engine putout.

·
27,116 Posts
Is one of these cars "higher" than the other? Technically the C63 BS is a new version of the CLK BS right?

·
27,116 Posts
The CLK Black just looks more serious... while the C63 Black looks like somebody put an aggressive body kit on a C-coupe.

·
Banned
12,268 Posts
A local guy just got the CLK in white, looks sick.

How do they compare performance wise?

·
Registered
12,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A local guy just got the CLK in white, looks sick.

How do they compare performance wise?
CLK has 500HP and 470ft lbs of torque

C63 has 510 HP and 458 ft lbs of torque.

The C63 will shift quicker thanks to the MCT, but it should be really close.

·
Deus Vult
7,023 Posts
I'll take the CLK.

In black

·
27,116 Posts

The turbo smaller displacement V8 is going to replace the larger NA 6.2L V8 as "the" AMG engine.

I drove both.. and actually I prefer the naturally aspirated engine better. It just sounds amazing. I know Mercedes claimed they made the turbo one sound just as good... but it doesn't. :( When it comes to modding potential tho... I guess the turbo engine has more potential tho. But in stock form... I just like that 6.2L V8! :cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would take the CLK. I like the C and all but the CLK is just more appealing to me imo. I hate how amg started putting the square exhaust tips on the back, I liked the ovals much better..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts