Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
My other favorite car. I'd planned to buy a Supra before my IS. Probably would have bought a '97 white. Man I love that car.

But anyway, I was ready for a 4-door, so I probably would have still gotten the IS.

Plus, my Prelude is modded to look like a Supra. So what it's fake
, but it cost me a lot less than the real thing.

------------------
Tony Mack
'01 SBM IS
'92 Prelude

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
a turbo supra, but actually i would rather have both, or an IS with a supras power.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
what about a 94 tt 6 speed and an is300???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I love my IS, but damn the Supra rules!!
IMO, it's one of the best sports cars on the road. Especially for the money.
It would be a tough decision.
black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
591 Posts
Also The Supra is a VERY RARE SIGHT
these days.
To be honest I've only seen a Couple in my entire life.

------------------
JUSTIN & DENISE C. OWNERS OF THE ONE-OF-A-KIND IS300

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree SMRA. Both are rare, but Supra's are almost extinct. I drove a 94 TT, and it was the most powerful car I've ever driven. Didn't get to play with it, but I fell in love...can't wait for the new one.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DOes n e one know , will toyota make another performance car like the supra?????, b/c i don't think the celica is that powerful. Do ya think that toyota will come out with another V6 or I6 performance car in the U.S?????

thank in advance???

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I love my IS300 to death but, performance wise supra will beat the IS in almost every catergory. Especially speed. But the IS300 is one of the nicest looking cars out there. Except for exotics (NSX, Ferrari 360, ect.) So I might go with the IS300. And if you really want the speed, TURBOCHARGE.

------------------
Spectra Blue IS300

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Actually, the Supra outperforms the NSX in almost every category. But the NSX costs about $90K...so they call it an exotic.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I don't really consider the NSX an exotic, maybe a semi exotic. I think it has that near exotic status that the Supra doesn't because the NSX costs much more than the Supra (you could get a Supra Turbo and another pretty nice car), the layout of the cars (Supra is FR and NSX is MR), and the materials (the NSX being all aluminum). The looks of the NSX, although subject to individual opinion, look (to me) more exotic than the Supra. All this said, Supra still rules...heh. =)

------------------
By making this post I am not claiming to be an expert of any sort on the topic and should not be taken as such. It's just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Actually, the Supra outperforms the NSX in almost every category. But the NSX costs about $90K...so they call it an exotic.
Amen..

Also, a used 97-98 Supra TT still costs almost $40,000. Thanks, but no thanks.

·
15,322 Posts
i'd take the 96 TT supra with T tops, blue with black leather- as a weekend car. my IS is still going to be my daily driver, later on it will have turbos and then later it might have a tt surpa engine dropped in. (wasn't 96 the best year for the Supra TT since 97 and 98 fell victim to emissions?)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by DonCorleone:
(wasn't 96 the best year for the Supra TT since 97 and 98 fell victim to emissions?)
No, the 96 emissions were so dirty that they had to drop the manual that year. You got this I6 that is so dirty and gets under 20mpg. Strange, sounds like were are talking about a V8 from the 60's.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
17 Participants
IS300GTE
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing