Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm over due for my 45,000 service by 2,800 miles. I am scheduled to go on vacation 650 mile drive round trip. My regular driving routine is 99% highway. I can't get a service appointment until after my vacation...would you:

1. do nothing
2. Get someone else to change my oil
3. add oil
4. something cooler that I haven't even thought of?

Thanks!

Aja1

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
#2 get a oil change and go on Vacation then when you get back go ahead and put the car in.

remember its a lexus its made to run :)

·
Garage Pit Crew Chief
5,631 Posts
just go to a damn toyota dealership... jc.. i dont understand the obsession ppl have with having Lexus do their oil changes!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is one of the big services not just an oil change...but for a trip like this I'm most interested in changing the oil.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
dude anybody can change your oil you will be fine till you get back trust me.

the only time I even take mine into the lexus dealer ship is when I have a big service but for oil changes and other little things no way.$$$$$$

·
Registered
473 Posts
Change your oil and check all your fluids etc...first. An second, if you have to add oil then you got another problem! Everything should be cool.

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Aja1 said:
I'm over due for my 45,000 service by 2,800 miles. I am scheduled to go on vacation 650 mile drive round trip. My regular driving routine is 99% highway. I can't get a service appointment until after my vacation...would you:

1. do nothing
2. Get someone else to change my oil
3. add oil
4. something cooler that I haven't even thought of?

Thanks!

Aja1
If you are up to date with your maintenance schedule, you should be good to go, just check all the fluids and do the 45k service when you come back. If you're not comfi because of the 650 miles trip then see if a Toyota dealer can do your 45k service. ;)

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Grab an oil change somewhere, check your fluids, and hit the road. Another 650 miles wont kill the car. I try to go to the dealer for oil changes, but sometimes you cant. Last month I was at the mall shopping and I dropped my car off at Sears for an oil change...no problems. You will be fine! Trust us :)

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
your car should be able to run another 650 miles. it is said you SHOULD change your oil every 3000 miles but depending on what kind of oil you used, you should be fine. plus since you drive highway miles on the time, the oil runs well in the engine due to no stop and go traffic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts