Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm going to paint some pieces all over the car. I'll need the same color for plastic and metal pieces that will get hot and for plastic inside parts. I'm looking for metallic colors.

I have been using Dupli-Color products on my previous cars, but I haven't did a nice job like I want to do now. I don't care about the price. Do you have any suggestions for me or do you think Dupli-Color is ok?

Thx.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Duplicolor seems to be pretty popular..

Maybe if you get a little more specific about what exactly you are trying to paint, we might be able to give a better answer.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Keep in mind, preparation is the key to a good paint job. It really doesn't matter what paint you use, as long as it holds up to the heat. Duplicolor is more than fine, you just need to practice better technique if you want it to look good.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did many pieces already, but I never really did care about the quality of the paint. For my Lexus I don't care about the price, I want quality stuff.

I think I'll go on with Duplicolor, I'm going to paint my calipers, maybe some parts inside (not sure which one yet, I want something really subtle) and probably some plastic piece under the hood or maybe metal piece, I'm not sure which one yet.

The only thing I'm sure is that I want the same metallic color for everything. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
Interior pieces you could use any duplicolor product just remember to prep it correctly before you start spraying... under hood use the high heat crap they offer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts